A short story

2024. The year when Sakura, the most beloved flower, was shy and decided to hide a week longer than usual.

This alone made the citizens of Japan feel gloomier. Moreover that very year the pollen decided to party and condensed much onto the air.

It was frustrating, especially for people with pollen allergy, kafunsho.

Yamada Ryosuke was one of them. 2The 024 spring was hell.

With constant itching sensation on their nose, eyes, and throat, Ryosuke tried his best to keep working.

To his unluck, Hey!Say!JUMP, the group Ryosuke belongs to, has a location shoot in the park near the mountainside in Kyoto. The boys were genki as usual, especially on the way to the location. They were told to spend a night in the newest cottage, as a promotional campaign for the cottage. There would be BBQ fest and sauna (which made arioka daiki excited). Upon arriving, Ryosuke immediately senses the heavy air... of pollen.

He felt the itchiness intensify, and he sneezed, pulling the manager alert to hand him his meds. He obediently took it because he needed to work. Sadly it was enough. No, he took the med as prescribed, which should be adequate. But it was 2024 spring, in the middle of a park with many many trees, which is the source of the pollen. Other members and staff with the allergy were also affected, but Ryosuke has a little disadvantage here. He was not prepared! He was always indoors with an air purifier on full blast. We can say his body was a little startled and reacted overboard.

Being professional in his job, Ryosuke finished the afternoon shooting with much effort. They now had 2 hours at the most before the evening session. Manager-san decided to take Ryosuke to the doctor nearby. He was examined and given stronger meds. He was told to take it easy for the rest of the day since the meds are pretty strong and he may feel a little drowsiness and dizziness. He just agreed but inside he knew his job was not over yet. The manager took him back to the cottage and soon the second session started. It was not that physically draining, they walked around the light-up garden, played random quizzes, and enjoyed the BBQ before the final part which was experiencing the night sauna. It was a job offered to them because many of their members love sauna. This sauna segment will ofc led by arioka daiki. oh, lemme tell you the sauna routine, first heating up in the sauna for 8-10 mins, then cooling down in a cold bath, and last rest in the open air for 30-45 mins. repeat. if you are addicted hahaha.

But one should know that not overdoing is important. the cold plunge pool after extensive heat in the sauna is too heavy because it will raise one's blood pressure and circulation. Sauna should not be taken lightly.

Finally, after changing into the sauna outfit, the members enter the sauna one by one. Daiki led actively in the MC position and even requested for the towel service making them sweat profusely. 25 mins in Ryosuke started to feel uneasy, but being stubborn by nature he shrug it off. exactly 30 mins, Daiki opened the sauna door and urged them to the cold bath. By that time, it was too late for Ryosuke. He entered the cold bath and suddenly suffocated with dizziness and a paced heartbeat that he could hear in his ears. He was about to collapse but luckily just behind him was Takaki Yuya caught him and immediately brought him to help.

***

Ryosuke woke up in a soft bed the one of the cottage. Still with dizziness and somewhat of a fever. Manager-san who happened to sit beside his bed noticed this in seconds and informed the other staff to call the doctor.

Ryosuke finds himself being examined again by the doctor he went to in the afternoon. The past middle-aged man smiled at him and half scolded him "Did I tell you to take it easy? sauna, oh no, let alone work will only worsen your condition after the strong meds"

Ryosuke can only mumble-ed an apology. the doctor patted his head and said "Okay, I need you to rest now, I will keep the IV to help you get back your fluid after losing it in the sauna. I will go back now and will come every 3 hours to change the fluids". The doctor then turned back and told the manager "Call me if you need something. and let him rest. He needs it most now"

The doctor left and manager-san came to Ryosuke.

"How are you feeling? do you need anything?" Ryosuke smiled a little at the concern and declined the offer. He then apologetically said "Sorry, I must have messed up the shooting"

"no, now rest"

"how bout the shooting? not finished yet?"

"yeah, they retake the sauna session"

"I am sorry"

"it's okay"

even with it, Ryosuke still felt guilty but his exhausted body took the tool and he went to sleep until the next morning. little not he know, the members take turns to watch over him all night even after being scolded by the managers. but they just can't help it. they are beyond worried.

Ryosuke woke up this time in the same place he was out in. He immediately noticed all the members were in his room talking quietly.

"Guys, shouldn't you just talk outside instead hehe"

the members suddenly ran to his bed and then let out a relieved sigh almost at the same time.

Hika "You scared us to death" but then smiled brightly.

"Sorry, I don't mean to..."

"sh" yuto affectionately shh his lips with his finger. "apology accepted, just don't do it again"

Ryosuke nodded.

Inoo" How are you feeling now?"

"Ahh daijoubu, I feel a lot better" answered Ryosuke

"Yamada, just say it" Yuya prompts him.

Ryosuke released a sigh "Okay, I do feel a lot better, just with no energy and a little dizzy"

Yuto reached out to pat his head. "Good. Now you need to eat to get back the energy. We have porridge for you"

Chii helped Ryosuke into a sitting position without waiting for Ryosuke to respond to Yuto. He then took a seat just beside Ryosuke on the bed "I will feed you" Chii smiled.

Ryosuke can only comply.

After finishing his porridge, he took his medicine. Mostly to reduce his dizziness and his slight fever.

The members soon one by one went to prepare for that day's shooting. The last is Yabu, as usual.

Yabu helped him to lie down, feel his temperature, and put a fever patch on his forehead.

Yabu took a little time sitting on the bedside chair.

"mind telling me why you pushed yourself this hard Ryo-chan?"

that pet name, Ryosuke feels warm and loved by this.

"It is our first location shoot for the new bangumi, since we lose the itajump. I just can't, I just can't let this out. I just can't."

Yabu smiled sadly at his little brother.

"thank you for being honest with me, wakatta, rest now, after that let's figure out something we can do to compensate for it"

Ryosuke smiled brightly at this. He knows he can trust his older brother.

"un!"

"Rest well ryo-chan" Yabu kissed his head lightly and dimmed the light.

Yabu exited the room.

Ryosuke felt content and told himself how lucky he was to be in this group.