cHaPtEr TwO

TW: traumatic event being described

"Dad, is she gonna wake up?" asked Georgia, drying her tears again on her jumper.

"One day, yeah. Hopefully soon though, angel," dad said, putting an arm around her. Logan sighed.

"She'll be alright, Georgie. Doc said she's looking at about a week down and then a week still in hospital before shes up and ready to go," he said. Georgia breathed out a sigh of relief. Ever since she'd gotten the news she felt as though her airways had been mangled. Logan had explained to her in the car that mum had been in unwakable sleep since the accident earlier that morning and nobody knew when she was likely to wake up besides the 1week the doc was hoping for.

"Am I going back to school?" asked Georgia, slowly. Dad stepped away from her.

"No, you're going home. Logan, take Georgie in your car, I'm going to buy some stuff at the shops," he said.

"Seriously?" said Logan. "Dad-".

"Logan, I said, take Georgia in your car," Dad repeated, clearly holding on to the little patience he still had. Not that there was much to begin with. Logan rolled his eyes but beckoned for Georgia to follow him.

"Whyd you roll your eyes? Is dad seriously going shopping?" asked Georgia, with a smirk. Logan snorted.

"Yeah. Not for type of stuff he should though,". Georgia raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? And how do you know what he's gonna get, Lolo?". Logan smiled at the nickname.

"He does it all the time when something's happened with mum. Just stay in your room and you won't get hurt," said Logan.

"Hurt?! Logan what are you-".

"Mum and dad met at a rehab centre, Georgie, use your head! And dad quit after a week because he swore meeting mum had changed him, correct?".

"Yeah, they tell us this story all the time. And it's true isnt it? Dad hasn't got drunk in ages," said Georgia, folding her arms. They were outside now, making their way to the car.

"Yeah... but that's not really how it works, Georgie," began Logan. "You can't just go off something like that. Well no but not without proper treatment, it just doesn't work. The way dad is... he does get drunk, just he does it less than before him and mum got together. And he assumes that that means he's gone off it and he's practically sober but he's not at all,".

"Oh,". Georgia didn't believe her dad hadn't sobered up all these years but she supposed she should've expected it. He was a heavy drinker and by no means sober everyday but he wasn't that bad. Everyone had a way of dealing with shit and Georgia didn't think that her dads coping mechanism would be a serious issue.

See there mum had a few mental health issues and was with therapist and doctors quite often. Dad didn't like it at all and often drunk until mum came back home from whichever appointment she was at.

"Georgie?" said Logan, once they were sat in the car. Georgia glanced at him. "Just... please stay in your room if he's drunk. For your own safety, and for my mind to be more at ease,". Georgia sighed.

"Alright,".

•••∆•••∆•••∆•••

yxrs_267 has added you! tap to add them back

"Who the fuck is that?" Georgia muttered to herself. She screenshotted the username and sent it to her group chat with Taylin, Eva and Hollie.

you: girls do any of u know who this is? x
you: **screenshot sent*