Chapter Ten : Bonus-Lucien's POV

Lucien Grey's POV

When I entered the dungeons, I was extremely restless. I knew my mate was close. The anger fueled me inside, just waiting to explode.

Someone kidnapped her and threw her in the dungeons.

How dare they...

I kept my hands fisted in my pockets. I would be a fool to let others see me getting angry.

I never showed anyone my anger. I never exploded in front of anyone. I kept my anger silent. I killed silently. That was my way of dealing with my anger.

And today... Today, the person who 𝗁urt her was going to die.

I inhaled the dungeon air. The faint scent of strawberries lingered in the air. The scent was intoxicating. I suddenly needed to sniff more of that scent. It was like a drug.

It was my mate.

Killian grabbed a girl out of one of the cellars. My heart stilled, but I kept it unnoticeable. I didn't need people seeing their Alpha falling to his knees for a girl. For a rogue.

And the King's daughter.

"This is the outsider. Apparently, she's Zade's daughter."

'I know.' I told him through my pack's mind link. I didn't want to use my voice. Not yet, anyway.

"What do you want me to do with this bitch?" Killian asked, sounding confident like he's going to be the one to kill her. To kill the King's daughter.

I kept a neutral uninterested look on. I want to take Killian by surprise. I want him to regret hurting my mate while he dies.

She stared at me and I felt my whole world spin on it's axis. I brushed off the feeling. Love made people weak. I wasn't going to let love slow me down or turn me soft.

I heard her heart pounding in her chest. I could smell her perfectly. The sweet strawberry scent collided with her emotions. Her heart pounded because of the excitement. The excitement of me saving her.

I just stared at her blankly, although in my head everything was a mess. My wolf was hyped up even though I tried to take him down.

Killian kept yanking her head back up every time she looked away from me. I was forced to look her in her black eyes─the same eyes my enemy has.

Hatred filled me. The thought of Zade infuriated me.

I took small steps toward them, taking my time. I pulled out my left hand from my pocket and flexed it. My veins stuck out─something I've always hated.

I gripped Killian's throat and dug my claws in deep, cutting his air supply.

'How dare you touch my mate?'

His eyes widened. 'I'm sorry. I didn't know.'

I hummed in my mind. 'Is that so? If I killed you and I said I didn't know that I killed you. Would you forgive me?'