Yamato/ Tenzo Lemon

Character: Yamato

Fandom: Naruto

OC: Aiko, young, kind, determinated

Request : ME! ♡( because he is one of my favorite characters and he needs more love!)

Being with Yamato is like being in a dream.  It is a good dream; one that flutters through the subconscious and chases away anything evil.  It is one of those dreams that you pray for before sleep, hoping against all odds that you are graced with it for just one more night before it is lost.

He smiles at her and her heart crashes.  For a moment, she's convinced that she's having some sort of heart attack, but then he looks away and she can breathe again.  She struggles to tell herself that breathing is good, but somehow she'd rather suffer than have him turn away.

"Unfortunately it doesn't come with beds," he's saying, and she realizes he's speaking of his house jutsu, which they are residing in at that very moment.  So she shrugs and doesn't tell him that it's better than any fancy hotel room he could have brought her to, because now they are alone and that means more to her than anything else.

She is aware that it is wrong.  She's hardly an adult and yet she still has all these feelings when she's around him.  He could never feel the same for her.  He's nearly Kakashi's age and the difference in years between them is like a gaping reminder of her youthful innocence -- an innocence that Yamato refuses to corrupt.  But she doesn't know that he struggles with the same thoughts as he rolls out his bedding, and she doesn't know that his heart is racing even faster than hers is just because they are alone.

This little fact thuds its way into self control and nerves, tingles down spines and lingers gently in both of their minds until they feel as though they are suffocating on the very air they breathe.  They are supposed to be comfortable around each other, but this is not comfort.  This is anxiety and burning wishes and fraying proprieties.

"Um…we could go outside, build a fire…have something to eat…" Yamato murmurs, because he reckons that anything is better than here, where temptation is so great that it practically sears.

But what he doesn't know is how beautifully Aiko's face lights up when the fire frames it, and said temptation is almost just as heavy as it had been before.  He could just take her right here, underneath the sky and the stars and the spirits.  He dearly wants to, but then Aiko is speaking lightly and he sighs in relief at the playful change that her voice creates.

"I was certain that you'd be injured somehow, Captain Yamato," she tells him, cheekily smiling at the light jab.  "You should pay more attention to yourself instead of blocking everything that comes at me."  But she doesn't really mean it because she loves when he is protective of her.

He pauses for a moment, considering what her reaction would be if he just told her that if she got hurt, he'd go crazy with worry.  But she is so young and he is so old, and he ends up shrugging halfheartedly and muttering something about how her sensei would kill him if he allowed her to get even a scratch.  He doesn't notice the look of sadness that lingers around the edges of her eyes.

"Besides," he says, eyes crinkling with a smile, "I'm good enough to protect us both!"  And he hands her packet of crackers that they open and share.  It is the last of their food and isn't a very good meal, but neither are very hungry anyway even though the day had been tiresome.  They are too busy thinking, which seems to be their biggest downfall.

Yamato can't help but imagine what it would be like to be wrapped up in her embrace and Aiko wonders if Yamato cares for her even in the slightest, because he doesn't show it.  But perhaps he has had more experience in covering up such emotions.  But perhaps he doesn't have any of such emotions to cover up.  She feels like her head might explode with all the twisted thoughts, so she hurries to distract herself.