⁰⁰³Beach boy

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄ ⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄

introducing...

📞

! chapter three !

by eve

🕯️

now playing...

! hues - dreamer boy !

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄ ⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄

I set my small tote bag down at the back counter, already breathing in the greasy air, so disgusting and sticky. I know, working at McDonalds is not one of the best paying jobs but I don't have to work too hard and one of my only friends is here, and that's what I need the most right now. Friends. Her name is Makala. She has dark curly hair—with highlights—that rests at her mid stomach and dark brown eyes placed under her long pretty eyelashes.

We've bonded over our love for beaches, usually finding a time to hang out and swim after school every week, even though it's hard to find time when she's always hanging out with her boyfriend. Don't get me wrong, her boyfriend is really nice and sweet but it's hard to find time to hang out with her after school, even in school because they are always clinging to each other, leaving me as the third wheel.

We say our quick hellos at the back of the restaurant and start our work. Wednesdays at McDonalds are always super slow, making it conveniently easy for us, which is good for me. I start my shift by taking orders from the drive through window. I quickly wire up, swiftly putting the headset on and logging into the laptop. It's quite a simple job, really. I take orders, write them down, and tell the car to move on up to the next window.

Easy enough right? Well not until some girl pulls up to the window looking just like Lillie, making me think back to old memories. The memories that I hold close to my heart, that are now tainted by her leaving. I take the girls' order, all while trying my best to not cry and trying to hide my cracking voice, the call I got a while ago repeating in my mind. Once I finally finish her order I take the next order (all while after wiping my watery eyes), and the next, and the next.

Soon enough, I'm driving back home in my busted up Toyota. I drive across the highway, make a left turn, but then slow down at a realization. Then I take a U turn, grasping the wheel tight.

Then, once I'm steadily back on the road again, I take a sharp right, the pavement starting to turn to small pebbles. The city's and houses turn to trees and soon enough I see the water. I quickly park my car in the too-tight parking spots and get out of the car, walking all the way down to the waterfront. I take off my shoes and socks, feeling the gritty sand between my toes, leaving my shoes at the end of the beach. Then I walk all the way down to the water, letting the crystal liquid flow around near my ankles.

I take a deep breath, savoring the cool breeze. That's what I love about moments like these, the way they are so simple but somehow mean a lot to me. I am fond of the ocean, seeing it as an escape to my thoughts, and escape to reality. It's the only thing I can keep close to my heart, trying to remember my fathers words. "Savored the small moments Ell, because you don't know how long they are going to last" are the words that always bounce around in my mind.

I breathe in the salty air, the cool breeze slightly fluffing my hair, tossing it into knots. My feet feel the rushing of water over it, liking the cold feeling. The deep breaths I take make my chest heave up and down, the seashell necklace I'm wearing moving with it. I look out on the surface of the water, searching as far as my eyes will let me. The small ripples of the water flowing in a methodical tune.

"Hey!" I hear a distant voice behind me yell. Startled by the noise, I turn around, my already frizzy hair wiping in the wind.

I watch as a figure jogs toward me. Once the guy gets close enough I can see his brown fluffy hair, the type you could run your fingers through. He has nice blue eyes that twinkle under the low light, ones you can get lost in. Also a sharp jawline, sharp enough to cut glass. A horse necklace on his chest.

"What are you doing?" he asks, slightly out of breath.

"Uh, standing?" I say hesitantly.

"Cool..I guess. But what are you doing out here so late?" At his statement I pier down at the phone in my hand. 8:27.

"Just enjoying the breeze. The water is pretty, ya know?" I let my arm swing back down to my side, wanting to tell him that It's because of my dads words. That almost everything I do is because of my dad. I wish I could just spill, to at least someone, what happened that night of the call, the reason behind the words in my head. But I don't. I can't find the way to.

"Yeah. I understand," he says as a nice silence settles over us. He then kicks his shoes off and joins me in the water. His presence feels nice, a warm aura surrounding him, making me feel oddly safe.

I sigh calmly. "What's your name?" I ask, looking out into the water with him.

"Matthew—just call me Matt though," he says warmly. "How about you?" he says and we both look at each other, our eyes boring into each other.

"Uh, Ella," I say, slightly getting lost in the haze of his eyes. I don't know what his eyes are doing to me, but damn he looks good right now.

"Pretty name," he smiles and I swear my cheeks have gone pink by now, a tenseness surrounding me.

"Thanks," I say and we go back to looking back out at the water. The sky is a cold dark, the slight wind whispering by my ears. I can smell sweet flowers and trees, setting a nice vibe.

A minute later, "Oh, sorry, I have to go," he says while looking at his phone. When I stay silent he says: "almost curfew" and walks out of the water, putting back on his shoes and starts to walk away. I watch him walk away, until he's almost out of sight, but turns around before the darkness of the night consumes him and I can't see him anymore.

"Hey, Ell, see you around?!" he yells from the distance, waving at me. A smile spreads across my face and I reply happily.

"Yeah!" I wave back.

Once he's out of sight I realize something. No one ever calls me Ell, but my dad used to. Then again, his words ring in the back of my mind, and I remember to savor this moment because some of them don't last.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄ ⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄

Hihihi

Another edited chappp

Only a little bit changed but they were REALLY important

I have a math test tomorrow

Im  scared because I'm not the best at this unit

It's not my fault though

My teacher is just a horrible teacher is doesn't teach us TT

Sorry I'll stop yappin

Byeee

- love eve