𝟎𝟐.

- 𝐝𝐨𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 - season 1, episode 2

season 1, episode 2

"Meredith," Lottie walks up to her. "I saw your flier." Meredith sighs and turns away from her. "Oh come on, I'm living in a cheap hotel, I need a place. And an apartment is way too much for a resident's salary."

"I'm sorry, I already told George and Izzie, I'm looking for people I don't see every second, of every day."

"You don't see me every second of every day, remember I don't live with you. Yet."

George and Izzie join the group. "Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?"

"I do want roommates, we're together a hundred hours a week. You want to live together too?" Meredith turns around with a cup of coffee in her hand. "Ooh you're bringing bribes now?" Cristina says, the coffee is for Dr. Bailey. "I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs, I have to get out of there." George pleads. "Yeah, he definitely needs a new place more than me." Lottie laughs.

"It's not a bribe. I don't think it's a good idea."

"I can put down last, first, and deposit." George really wants to move in.

"It's totally a bribe." Cristina is still talking about the mocha latte.

"I can cook! And I'm an obsessive cleaner." Izzie smiles. "No, I just want two total strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to, and it's not a bribe, it's a mocha latte."

Dr. Bailey comes up to the group gathered together. "George, you're running the code team. Meredith and Lottie, take trauma patients. Cristina deliver the weekend labs to the patients, Izzie, you're on sutures." She assigns everyone their jobs for the day.

Meredith steps forward, the latte in hand. "Dr. Bailey, I was hoping to assist you in the OR today, maybe do a minor procedure? I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?"

Dr. Bailey seems to be considering it, the other interns don't let that happen though. "If she gets to cut, I want to cut too."

"Me too!"

"I wouldn't mind another shot, I mean if everybody else is.."

"Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery, that's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy? Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whining. You know what will make me happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma patients answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the pit, doing the sutures." She pauses to grab the latte, "No one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary freakin' Poppins."

"Mocha latte my ass."

Lottie goes to follow Meredith into the elevator, before noticing Derek in there as well. She decides to save herself the awkwardness and take the stairs instead. She feels an arm around her before opening the door.