𝟎𝟑.

- 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧 -season 1, episode 5

- 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧 -
season 1, episode 5

"I wish I could hold a heart." George says as he looks down at the OR. Meredith is assisting Burke on a CABG, Meredith gets to hold the heart. "A monkey could hold a heart." Cristina rolls her eyes. "You're mad Burke didn't ask you."

"George I need more ice, Lottie you need to get more chips." Izzie is planning a party, her hockey player boyfriend is coming to visit. "Who else did you invite?" George asks. "Izzie, we said the list was jocks only. Surgery, trauma, plastics. Who else?"

"Just some people from peds." Izzie looks at Cristina. "You invited the preschoolers to Meredith's house. The next thing you'll say is you invited the shrinks." Izzie looks away. Lottie laughs, "Peds is one thing Iz, but psych?"

"She invited mental defects. This party's D.O.A."

"You know, Meredith thinks this is just going to be a little, small, meet-your-boyfriend cocktail thing. Did you clear this with her?" George asks. "Izzie, she barely let us move into the house, she'll really kill us if we don't tell her."

"I will. I promise." Izzie says. "Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend is in town on a big party? Is he bad in bed?" Cristina asks Izzie. She chuckles, "No. I just want him to meet some of my friends."

"Iz, we all know psych and peds aren't your friends." Lottie pats her on the shoulder. "Sixty geeks in scrubs are your friends. Bad sex, sucks for you." Cristina says as her pager goes off.

"I heard there was a party tonight at Meredith's house?" Alex leans in next to Lottie's ear. She moves her head away from him, pushing his face with her hand. "Oh really? Party?" Cristina plays dumb. "News to me." Izzie plays along. "No party." George and Lottie both say at the same time.

"Are we losing her or what?" Alex gets everyone's attention back on the OR, where the patient is crashing.

"Izzie, you better hope this patient survives, otherwise Meredith will be way more angry when her house turns into a zoo." Lottie says, earning a dirty look from Izzie.

Alex and Lottie are on Derek's service. "How long has your back been hurting you?" Alex asks their patient. "It's chronic. That means I have it all the time."

"I know what chronic means. What kind of pain are you having?" Alex asks, annoyed. "Oh man, the pain's bad. It's like a thousand samurai's warriors stabbing swords into my spine. I'm allergic to aspirin.."

"So, maybe we'll start you on morphine." Lottie says to him. "Mmm.. The only things that will work are Demerol or, uh, Dilaudid, a ton of Dilaudid. That will set me straight." Alex and Lottie both notice the needle marks coating his arms. "The standard starting dose is two." Alex deadpans. "Did you see that Tom Cruise movie? Pow, pow, pow!"