3.

-

"..where have you been!?" JJ exclaimed as Valera came over to the pogues.

"With Rafe. Topper snitch on me, and he wouldn't let me leave his sight." Valera replied with a small shrug

"People tried to kill us today, and you were hanging out with your brother?" Kiara asked in disbelief.

"Yo, hey! I get that we are all stressed, but you don't have to take it on Lera," Pope spoke up, defending Valera.

"And what difference would it make if she was with us? People would still try and kill us." Pope told them.

"Okay, do you guys want to explain what happened, or do I have to play the guessing game?" Valera questioned, glancing at her friends.

"I'll explain. You guys just calm down," Pope said before pulling Valera to the side.

"I'm sorry about them. JJ had to kill his rooster earlier.." Valera gasped, "No, that poor baby," Pope raised an eyebrow at her, "talking about the rooster, Pope, continue." Pope nodded, and he continued to tell her what happened.

"Are you okay?" Valera asked after Pope was finished explaining the events that happened earlier.

Pope nodded, "Yeah, I'm okay, a little freaked, but I'm okay." He smiled at her, and she smiled back.

The two walked back to their friends,

"So, what now?"

🌊

".. Great, great grandmother Oliva Redfield. That was her maiden name." John B told his friends,

The pogues stood in the cemetery, and it was dark outside. Valera stood next to Pope, feeling eerie but a little excited.

"Help me with this door." Pope went to help John b with the door, and JJ did too.

Valera stood next to Kiara, wanting to help, but she didn't want to get in the way.

A hissing sound made the three boys rush back to the girls. It was a snake.

JJ started barking at it. "JJ, shut up!" Kiara told him,

"You're gonna wake the dead, man."

"They're afraid of dogs. Everyone knows that." JJ defended himself.

Valera grabbed the snake by the end before tossing it somewhere far from them.

She looked at her friends, who were staring at her. "What?"

"You.. just touched that snake with your bare hands and toss it like it was nothing." Kiara told her, sharing a look of disbelief with the others.

Valera shrugged, "I used to have an obsession with snakes, I know a few things about them, and I'm pretty sure if there's one snake, there's more,"

"I'm going in." She added,

"What, no, are you insane?" Pope instantly protested,

"I'm coming with." Kiara spoke up, and Valera looked at her, both sharing a grin.

"Did you two forget about the snakes?" JJ questioned,

"No, I want to see if there's any baby snakes." Valera said, walking over to the wall,

"One of you boosts me up." She said, as Kiara spoke to John B.

Pope leaned against the wall and put his hands out in front of him, and JJ did the same next to him.

She took JJ'S headlight, "Hey!"

"I need it, J."

Valera climbed through the small hole with the help of Pope and JJ before Kiara climbed through, and Valera helped her a little.