Part 7: Unlikely trio and chaos

Back at Game Central Station, the Fix-it siblings along with Calhoun and one of his soldiers, Kohut, were looking for where Ralph's escape pod went. Thankfully Surge protector saw everything and helped them out.

"Yeah, he banged around in here like some kind of hot shot, then he went barreling down into that sweet little game like a crazy pot," Surge protector explained as he took them to the entrance of Sugar Rush before walking away to do his job.

"Sugar Rush," Calhoun read as they stood at the door. "Cy-Bugs would chew up that game faster than a chicken hawk in a coop of crippled roosters."

Hearing the word Cy-Bug confused the siblings as Calhoun walked up to the entrance.

"What was that, now," Felix asked.

His question stopped Calhoun and he turned to face the siblings.

"What are you, thick? There was a Cy-Bug on that shuttle," Calhoun stated.

Though the siblings didn't know what that was. But his tone made it clear this was serious and their bodies straightened as they looked up at him.

"Do you two even know what a Cy-Bug is," Calhoun asked.

"We can't say we do, sir. No," y/n answered.

"Cy-Bugs are like a virus. They don't know they're in a game. All they know is eat, kill, multiply. Without a beacon to stop them, they'll consume Sugar Rush," Calhoun explained. "But do you think they'll stop there?"

"Yes," Felix answered rather confidently.

"No," y/n answered, a bit worried since she was hoping she's wrong as viruses aren't good.

"Exactly Pipsqueak. Viruses do not spot," Calhoun stated in a serious tone. "Once those Cy-Bugs finish off Sugar Rush, they'll invade every other game until this arcade is nothing but a smoking husk of forgotten dreams.

They get nervous since that isn't the answer they were hoping for. That whole thing sounds scary. Y/n gets visibly nervous and Felix puts his hand on her shoulder trying to comfort his sister as he was also nervous about that information. Calhoun noticed their attitudes but didn't have time for comforting as the clock was ticking.

"Kohut! My cruiser," Calhoun ordered.

Kohut tossed Calhoun the backpack he had that was a flying board in disguise. Felix ducted his head as y/n watched Calhoun walk away.

"Jeepers. Is he always this intense," Felix asked Kohut.

"It's not his fault. He's programmed with the most tragic back-story ever," Kohut informed. "The one day he didn't do a perimeter check...His wedding day."

Turns out on his wedding day, a Cy-Bug broke into the venue and ate Calhoun's fiancé. This ended with him killing the Cy-Bug along with his fiancé since Cy-Bugs are what they eat.

"Poor guy," y/n said, feeling bad for him. "Felix?"

Felix looks at his sister and they share a nod. They go through the entrance to catch up to Calhoun as Kohut goes back to Hero's Duty. Calhoun threw the backpack and it turned into a flying board. Calhoun was about to get on but heard something behind him. He glances behind him to see the Fix-It siblings.

"Wait, sir! we're coming with you," Felix stated.

"Like fun you two are, short stack. If you die outside your game, you don't regenerate," Calhoun reminded them as he checked his gun.

"Well that also applies to you too, sir. So it wouldn't hurt to have some back up on this mission," y/n stated.

"And it is our job to fix what Ralph wrecks. And we cannot ask you to risk your life cleaning up his mess," Felix stated.