Chapter Five -Contains potential triggers

Trigger Warning: Violence and death

Her hands were slick with blood, some hers, some not. She pulled another dagger out of the ground, one that had already been used and was dripping with blood.
She took the blade and plunged it into her opponents eye, clouding their vision. She pushed the male aside leaving a small cut in his wing reminding him of why she was doing this, showing him the pain that he had been forcing young girls into.

Just one small incision that would change his entire life, if he even lived.

She pushed forward, spotting the next set of large, membranous wings attached to a stiff hard body. Malaya's father. She pulled out her sword and began sending swift strikes at the male, slicing his wings and back open, leaving the flesh raw. He spun around to face her, an expression of pure rage and fury smothered his harsh features.

She pounced on him, blocking his attack and swinging back at him. He lets out a grunt of pain at the blow but she feels no sympathy. All she feels is fury for her friend, his daughter whose wings he had tried to clip. The child that he and his sons had tried to maim for life.

She pinned the man down on the blood-soaked wooden floor with her foot pressed hard against his throat. He was screaming and begging now, praying to be set free, to let him survive.

She took one look at Malaya's mangled corpse, the innocent girl fighting back against her backwards family, who had been killed brutally. There was blood gushing from a wound on her skull where she had been struck with a sword hilt.

She turned back to the man and plunged her sword deep into his chest. She felt no remorse for the dying male, only grief for the friend she had lost forever. The young girl who had helped and protected the children of the most hated -and feared- Illyrians. No, she did not regret her actions only craved retribution for Malaya. She may have killed them, but it wasn't enough, it would never be enough. Not when women were still injured and forced into housework. Not when they were sold off to corrupt males for breeding perfect warriors. Not whilst their  freedom was nonexistent and their happiness was irrelevant. Until it stopped, it would not be enough. Until it stopped she wouldn't regret any of it.

"Yes fair enough but Arga went to the feast with her and gave her the book

"Yes fair enough but Arga went to the feast with her and gave her the book."

"True but Callyx was the one who saved her during the ambush."

"But the book Gwyn, the book!" Said Emerie, taking a sip of her peppermint tea before placing it back on the wooden table. Nova, her mother, Emerie and Nesta had gathered in a new cafe near the rainbow, Feyre would be meeting them once she had finished her art classes.

"Either way I'm team Callyx. But book two comes out next month so I guess we'll find out then." Nova said, shifting her gaze back to Emerie.

The group had been reading a new peregryn romance novel and were arguing over who was the better love interest.

"Speaking of love interests." Gwyn turned towards her daughter. "Your father told me something interesting last night, Novi."

"Care to share with the group Gwyn? Nova?" Nesta asked, leaning forward in her chair.

"I think this is something Nova should tell you herself. But only if you want to of course." Gwyn said and Nova knew she meant it. This wasn't something to be taken lightly.

Nova shifted in her seat and began to talk. "I found my mate."

"What no way!"

"But you're so young! You're still practically a child!"

The question she heard the most though was who was her mate. Which was fair enough since Nova hadn't exactly been seeing anyone.

"It's Nyx." She took a breath. "Nyx Archeron is my mate."

But nobody was looking at Nova anymore. No their attention was on the High Lord and Lady, who were stood in the doorway of the little cafe.

Feyre was covered in bits of dried paint and Rhysand had a smudge of blue just under his mouth. Both wore matching expressions of shock.

"That was quite an announcement." Rhys muttered.

"Nyx's... mate?" she said quietly. "You're Nyx's mate?" Feyre asked cautiously, not really knowing what to say in this situation.

"Yes." Nova replied, a slight stutter in her voice. Her throat was dry and her plams were sweaty, she had not expected Feyre and Rhys to show so soon.

Nova didn't know what she expected to happen when they found out about the bond but what she was not anticipating was the High Lord wrapping his arms tightly around her.

"This is... unexpected." Rhys whispered softly, keeping her body pressed against his. "Welcome to the family Nova Archeron." He said with a faint smile.

Nova realised now that Rhys would be happy about this mating. He wanted his son to have somebody to love and who better than his best friend, the one who had always been there for him. Nova had always been close to the High Lord, they seemed to have an understanding between them. Rhys had always felt like a second father to her and now that made sense.

"I'm guessing he doesn't know seen as he would be jumping off the walls in excitement if you were his mate." Rhys said, pulling away. He was trying to control his self but he couldn't surpress his grin.

"Yeah I'm sure thats not true but yes, he doesn't know." Nova said softly, a faint blush on her face.

"Oh but thats where you're wrong." Feyre says with a gleam of amusement in her blue-grey eyes. "He's obsessed with you, trust me. As a child he would tell us all about you, never anything else. He still does it a lot and the other day I saw him painting you, he always paints you."

"It's no secret that he likes you I swear once I heard him whispering your name in his sleep. But don't you dare tell him I said that." Rhys adds.

Both of them turn back to her. "But seriously you need to tell him soon because it does not end well when you find out by I don't know maybe a suriel?" Feyre says, remembering her own experience.

"And give him something better than soup."

"That was the best soup I ever had." Rhys murmurs with a dazed smile on his face.

Nova turned back to the others who all had astonished expressions on their faces. She heard one of them whisper something but couldn't make out the words.

Feyre pulled out a chair and poured herself a cup of hot tea before announcing. "I'm team Arga."

Guys we have over a hundred views like what the fuck?!?!! Tell me what you think about this chapter I really hope you liked it.

I also hope you had a great Eid for anyone who celebrates.

Also my bestie gossip girl suri says that you're drop-dead gorgeous so it must be true.

Love you all, bye from your favourite high fae.