|Chapter Eight|

"I'm bored!!!" Tara yells, stretching out over the couch face down. I sigh heavily, leaning back on the loveseat "Me too." It was already noon, and we didn't have anything to do. I'm tempted to text Johnnie, but I don't want to bother him.

Tara looks over at me, a mischievous grin forming on her face. "Maybe you should text your boyfriend~" She teases, and I can feel my cheeks heat up.

"He's not my boyfriend, Tar. It was just one date." I laugh softly, but my heart skips a beat at the thought of calling him my boyfriend. "Yet." She teases again, giggling. I pick up my phone, actually thinking about it. Tara rolls off the couch, walking to the kitchen. I anxiously bite my lip, really hoping that I'm not bothering him.

Me: Heyyy Johnnie! What're you up to rn?? :)

Johnnie 🥰: Nothing much really- just kinda bored

Me: Me too

Me: Do you maybe wanna hang out?

Johnnie 🥰: Yeah for sure! I could be there in 30? :))

Me: Sounds good!

I set my phone down, going back to anxiously chewing on my lip. Tara walks back out of the kitchen "I made hot coco!" She hands me a mug, and I giggle as I grab it. "Why'd you do that?" She shrugs "I was bored." I can't help but laugh. "Oh uhm, I invited Johnnie." I look down at my cup of hot chocolate shyly.

"Ooo~ You guys gonna have some fun?" She continues teasing. I pick up the loveseat pillow, and throw it at her. She laughs maniacally, and I just shake my head. "We're just friends!" She hugs the pillow to her chest "Sure you are." She giggles.

"I won't lie. I definitely want to be more, I'm just not sure he wants the same thing." I sip my coco, and Tara sits up. "Honey, you literally just went on a date. Of course he wants the same thing!" I laugh softly, knowing she's right and I'm just overthinking as usual.

I get a message from Johnnie saying he's here, and I immediately jump up off the loveseat. "Someone's excited." I throw another pillow at her, before running to the front door. I open the door to see Johnnie, and a big smile forms on my face.

As we walk into the living room, Tara throws a pillow at me. I laugh before throwing it back at her "Johnnie and I are going to my room, we're gonna watch a movie." Tara sighs "You're leaving me to myself!?" I giggle "You'll be fine!"

"Have fun love birds!" Tara yells as we walk away. We walk into my room, and I close my door behind us. Johnnie sits on my bed, sitting with his knees pressed to his chest. "What do you wanna watch?" I sit next to him, tilting my head to the side. "We could watch Scream, or if you want we could watch Hereditary?"

"Oh God, not Hereditary. That one scares the hell out of me." I shudder, laughing to myself. "Why? It's not even that scary." He laughs. "It's mostly just the gore stuff, it makes my stomach turn!" He laughs at me again "Really!? So you can watch movies about ghosts and demons, you can watch movies about real life horrors, and your favorite series is Scream, but a little gore is where you draw the line?"

He continues laughing at me, and I lightly punch his arm. "I just don't like gore!" He pats my leg "I'm just messing with you. We can watch Scream." He smiles warmly at me, making my heart skip a beat. We turn on Scream for probably the 50th time, and I lean back against the head board.

Johnnie scoots back towards me, sitting close enough that our legs are touching. I can feel my heart racing, and my cheeks feel like they're on fire. His hand brushes mine, and my heart skips a beat. He looks down at me, intertwining his fingers with mine.

I start anxiously chewing on my lip. I tell myself it's probably nothing, it's just a friendly gesture and nothing more. We're just friends. Johnnie squeezes my hand "Hey, you shouldn't chew on your lip. You could hurt yourself or get a sore." I rub my lip with my free hand.

I realize I've chewed on my lip to the point of bleeding, and run over the spot repeatedly with my tongue. "Let me see." Johnnie presses his hand to my cheek, and turns my head to face him. I feel my cheeks get warmer, as I stare into his eyes. He runs his thumb over my lip "This is why I said don't chew on your lip, dork."

My eyes trail from his eyes to his lips. I think about how soft they must be, how warm they are. Johnnie lifts my chin a bit and starts to lean in, my eyes flutter shut and my heart starts racing again.

Tara knocks on the door, interrupting our moment. I sigh heavily as I stand up, and Johnnie laughs softly. I open the door, to see Tara smiling up at me mischievously. "Hope I didn't interrupt anything."

"But, I was just ordering food and I was wondering if you two lovebirds wanted anything." Tara teases, and I laugh softly. "Sure, I could eat and I'm sure Johnnie's at least a little hungry." I turn to Johnnie, and he nods in agreement.

The three of us order food together, and Tara says she'll let us know when it gets here. I join Johnnie back on my bed, and immediately my mind goes back to the fact we were about to kiss. I wanted to bring it up, but I didn't want to make things awkward between us either.

I turn to Johnnie, who's been watching me this whole time without saying much. I subconsciously start chewing on my lip again, and Johnnie lightly hits my arm. "You  seriously gotta stop doing that." I rub my lip again "Sorry, habit."

He brushes a few strands of my hair out of my face, tucking them behind my ear. "Do you..." He pauses for a moment "Do you wanna go out again sometime?" I pause before laughing, and he pinches my arm. "A simple 'No' would've been fine." He jokes

"Of course I do, Johnnie." We smile at each other, and Johnnie starts talking about date ideas. "How about something simple? Like we could have a picnic!" Johnnie just smiles at me, laughing softly. "What? I thought it was a cute idea." He rubs my arm "No it is! It's just super cliche."

"Yeah well, I like cliches." We go back to watching movies, waiting for the food Tara ordered.