Starting Fresh.

It was a nice sunny morning. The sun rays slowly started to slip into your room, hitting your face gently. The window that was ever so slightly open, let in small amounts of fresh morning air into your room. Your room was pretty average in size, unfortunately your brother got the slightly bigger one, but you didn't mind. You had a desk, a wardrobe, a double bed with a side table next to it and quite a few plants all over the place. It was a simple room but you loved it as it was your own. It was your safe place.

As you slowly woke up from your slumber you grab your phone, which was charging on the side table.

What time is is

You look at your phone which shows you 11:05.

11:05 not bad....WAIT 11:05!! Fuck I'm late! Why did no one wake me?!! I've missed the first few days of school already and now I'm late!

You jump out of your bed and rush over to the bathroom to start your morning routine, of course in a more rushed manner this morning. Once you were done you headed into your room and got dressed and made sure you're all ready for your first day at school.

You grab your bag and run down to the kitchen where you found your mother stood at the kitchen counter preparing some fruit for you.

"Oh you're up?"

"Yeah! I'm already late! Why did no one wake me up?" You question.

Your mother gives you a gentle smile, "you don't have to worry about that (y/n). You can take your time"

"What no, it's my first day today and I'm late. I wanted to make a good impression seeing how I missed the first few days already" you sigh and rub your head.

"Sweetie, you've been through a lot...the school understands" she tries to reason.

You sigh again, "I just want to be normal, I don't want any of this stupid special treatment."

Your mother smiles at you whilst handing you the fruit she cut up, so you can take it to school with you.

You know she's trying to hold it all in and be strong for you after what happened. But you didn't want people to only know you because of that. Thinking you're some helpless child. You wanted to be normal.

"I know you want to be normal sweetie, no one is giving you any special treatment. Everyone is just looking out for you"

You sigh, "yeah I appreciate it...I should get going. I'm going to walk. I don't need you to drop everything you're doing just to take me to school."

"I can drop you off it's not a problem sweetie"

"No it's okay, thank you for everything" you give your mother a hug and start to head to the door.

You put on your short dr martens. You would wear your favourite jacket but it's meant to be nice and sunny so there's no need for it today. You make sure you've got everything one last time.

You put your headphones on and close the door, putting your keys back into your bag.

Finally, I'm out of the house. I can't remember the last time I was out by myself.

You start heading to your new school. Karasuno High. You were excited that's for sure. A fresh start is what you need. Some friends to keep you distracted.