Bio + Author's Note

Bio:

Name: Y/N L/N

Age: 12 (at the start)

Gender: Male

Height: 5' 5'' at the start of the story

Weight: 52kg

Eye Colour: Lime green

Hair Colour: Black

Detailed appearance:

Y/N is relatively tall for his age at 5 feet 5 inches, and his tough training that he has done in the past has given him a pretty toned body. His eyes are the trademark of the L/N family, with the colour going down through Y/N's father's side for generations.

Y/N's hair, while it has a simple colour, isn't actually all that simple. It reaches the bottom of his ears, and no matter what, it does not seem to stop being messy. His mother frequently fusses over it when he needs to go to school, but in secret, Y/N likes it being messy.

His appearance is seen by peers at his school as being quite intimidating, due to his toned features and this is amplified by the fact that he is part of a samurai family. Despite the samurai being abolished at this point, the legacy of them lives on.

Personality:

Despite his intimidating features at first glance and his firm but fair upbringing, he is quite laid-back. He is extremely close to his brother and sees him almost as a role model. Y/N always tries his best to find his way out of a tricky situation, using everything at his disposal, but also tends to overthink things and makes them seem more daunting than they actually are.

Y/N wants nothing more than to have his name known by people. He already has had a taste of being popular, due to his bloodline, but he wants to make change in the world and not just be any old person. Y/N has strong ambitions in life, and holds a great love for swordsmanship, hating the fact that samurai culture is being unravelled and he is forced to be integrated into a more sit-down life. (Basically, he just hates school.)

Despite everything, Y/N enjoys the small things in life, having a love for nature. He likes simple things like just feeling the wind running through his hair and seeing flowers sway in the wind. He also holds those close to him in a high regard and would do anything for them.

History:

Y/N lives in a small village, in one of the biggest houses in the village since his father was former nobility. Since his father was a samurai, the L/N family is very well off and money isn't an issue.

Y/N's family from his dad's side come from a long line of samurai. Recently, however, the samurai were abolished, and they were to be integrated into wider society as Japan takes a turn away from its isolation and its people turn towards education and professional jobs. For this reason, Y/N is enrolled in a village school, where his mother is a teacher.

Throughout their early years, both Y/N and his older brother, Satoshi L/N, were trained in swordsmanship by their former samurai father. Both of them became very proficient in the art, with Satoshi being more skilled due to the experience and age gap. However, Y/N isn't jealous about this, instead he looks up to his brother and wants to become as skilled as him.

Family:

Father: Yoshinori L/N

A former samurai, Yoshinori is well known throughout the village. He disapproves of how samurai culture is being unravelled and wishes to preserve it by passing down sword skills to his sons. He is quite a strict father, yet cares deeply for his children and wife, the perfect balance between firm and fair. He carries the scars of past battles, so his children would not need to...

Mother: Kiyomi L/N

As a teacher, Kiyomi has a very gentle way with children, wanting to raise every child into someone who does great things. She was desired by many men from a young age, and due to her family's wealth, she had an arranged marriage to Yoshinori when she was quite young. She loves her two sons to the moon and back, and always treats them with care and love. Sometimes, she scolds her husband for training so much and tells him to be more gentle during these training sessions.

Brother: Satoshi L/N

At 15, Satoshi is a few years older than Y/N. He is extremely outgoing and is a role model not only for Y/N, but also for other people his age and younger. At the village school, he is extremely popular, especially with his sword skills. Despite this, he remains very humble, and tries to bring everyone up rather than pushing them down. He has a strong bond with Y/N and always pushes him to try his hardest. (Oh yeah and he gets all the girls.)

A few random facts and stuff I guess:

- Y/N owns a sword, gifted to him by his father when he was ten years old. His father told him to "always hold your sword in high regard. It is your best friend, who can strike down your greatest enemy." And then Y/N's mother scolded his father for promoting violence.

- (By the way, Y/N's sword isn't a Nichirin katana. Only tamahagane steel.)

- Y/N isn't jealous of his brother in any way... except for how he gets all the girls. Satoshi tells him that he's handsome too, and just needs to be more confident.

- Y/N loves flowers. It's usually a teasing point for Satoshi, who makes fun of him "being like a girl."

- The village that Y/N lives in is small, yet prosperous. The people of the village are extremely close and want to develop it into something bigger.

Author's Note:

Whew, guess that's the bio done. Pretty long for the bio, I'd say, but I hope everything is clear. I really hope this turns out well because I have quite an ambitious story planned. I'll give a content warning now: this story will probably contain gore and sad themes. You know, I might be merciful... but that's for you to find out.

Also, I just wanna mention that I have been inspired to write this by Aureum_One's "The World On His Shoulders." Honestly, it's the best thing I've read on this platform, and it's just amazing. Aureum_One, if you're reading this, your stuff's amazing :)

Another reason I wanted to write this is because of the lack of Kanae x Male Reader stories that exist. I understand that she died in canon before the events of the manga, but we need more Kanae content :(

No idea how often I'll be updating this story because I am in school full-time, so it's difficult to get time to write. I'll do my best to finish it, but there's no guarantee. I'll post any updates for chapter uploads on my profile.

This story won't be totally canon, but it will still be recognisable as Demon Slayer. So, I'd say a good way to describe it would be semi-canon.

Finally, this is my first Wattpad story, so please don't bash it too much! I can promise that I'll try and cook up something real good for you guys though. Now it's time for the hard part, which is actually writing...

Drop any suggestions or questions in the comments!

(1219 words)