Powerless (Bathena)

A/n- I deleted the last part (part 2) because I just didn't see the point in it. It didn't have any direction, and I changed the plot a few times. So, in an apology, I give you this instead. Also, I'm sorry about the terrible endings I keep putting on these. I just don't know how to end them properly yet. Trust me, I'm trying! Finally, graphic scenes are used, so please don't read if you're squeamish.

They were called on the scene. A phone call had been made to 911 about a man in cardiac. The fire and rescue, the 118, had been dispatched as soon as possible.

When they arrived, the place was dark, and the address didn't seem right. It looked destitute and neglected. It was pitch black, but the first responders had to get to this man. However, Bobby began to get the suspicion that it was a phoney call.

The captain gets out the truck first. The door is open, almost forced open if anything and peering through the front door, inside was as dark as outside.

They were in front of a self-storage studio.

He radioed dispatch. "Are you sure you have the right location?"

"Yes, the caller definitely said 1730 Greenwood Terrace." They replied.

"Alright." He said to himself. Then he turned around and motioned for his team to get out.

Once the equipment was gathered, they looked weary at what building they were about to enter.

"Right, team, let's stick together and have flashlights on at all times. This person could be anywhere. Let everyone know if you find anything." Bobby warned.

The captain was the first to walk in, shining his flashlight on everything before proceeding down the cold, gloomy corridor.

"Should we not call in backup, Cap? Y'know, just in case." Whispers Eddie. Bobby nearly kicked himself. Why hadn't he done that in the first place?

"This is Captain Nash of the 118. We need additional police units to the scene. We may need backup." He ordered through his radio. He then keeps it on loud and his mic on in case of an emergency.

"727 L30 is available and is heading to your location now." The radio echoed throughout the relinquished building.

The team kept going through multiple corridors, all looking the same but different ways. There were many levels to the place, and they had to find this man. Bobby hoped they weren't already too late.

They shone their lights on everything, but all that greeted them in return was garage doors, all closed.

Their continuous search made the crew realise they would have to split up. They got into pairs, and Bobby went on his own due to there being an odd number of people.

They all stayed on the same floor, and they'd meet at the stairs to go to the higher floors when finished.

They got onto floor 3 before the 118 heard noises. It sounded like banging, maybe someone in need of help.

The crew advanced towards the sound, splitting up across the floor to make it easier.

Booby got to a specifically dark walkway, cringing at the lack of light. He walked very slowly, checking behind himself every few moments. One second, he was fine, and the next, he was on the floor with someone's hand around his neck. His flashlight was chucked a few meters away.

"Run!" He managed to scream, and Bobby hoped his team heard him. He hopes they actually run away instead of coming towards them.

He gets a fist to the nose, and the pain that comes after is pretty unpleasant. Bobby manages to get up and knees the person in their privates. A deep groan is heard before the person recovers.