Untitled

I'm not knowledgeable on dating. I've dated a few men, but I do not think that I am good at it. It seems that most men do not think of forever, true love, or other hopeful things when they get into relationships. Much to my disadvantage, I do. When I become someone's girlfriend it is not to be a jewel on their shoulder, to show off to whomever they please; it is to find my person, my forever. I want to find the moon, the one who will light up the darkness. I want to be joined together, to laugh together, cry together, stress together, and make decisions together. My standards seem too high, and I don't understand why. I want someone to care for me, to love me and protect me. Sometimes humans are very frustrating. I think that being with someone should be beautiful.
    "So," Cassia's voice breaks my thoughts.
     "Hm?" I question. We're sitting on the floor, with the TV on. She's dealing out Uno cards. I can't shuffle cards, so I have her do it, and she thinks I cheat when I deal. I don't cheat, by the way.
    "You and Abaddon?" She starts.
    "What about us?" I raise my eyebrow.
    "Do you think he's cute?" She asks.
    "Of course, I think he's stunning," I respond. She smirks.
    "You do?" She presses.
     I roll my eyes. "Yes, I do," I say.
     "You'd be so cute together," she gushes.
     "We only just met! For goodness sake Cassia," I sigh.
     "Do you think he can dance?" She asks, handing out the cards.
     "I don't know, probably. He looks rich, rich people can dance,"
     "Not always,"
     "True, but I think he could dance.... why do you ask?"
     "Well, there's a festival tomorrow,"
     "And you want me to ask him to go with me?"
     "Yes!"
     I sigh. Cassia and I usually go together. We match our outfits together. I know she doesn't mean anything by it, but my brain jumps to the conclusion that she doesn't want to go with me. I find myself doing this often. I jump to the worst possible conclusion, even though I know that it's false.
    "Well, Cassia, I quite wanted to go with you," I say shyly. I look up from my cards to see her smile at me. She's looking at me like she knows me inside out, she does.
     "I know, and we can, but at least invite him? I think there could be something there. I roll my eyes and smile. "Fine."
      I wake up and immediately go to our phone. I type in Abaddon's number. I'm grinning like a child. It rings for a moment and then he picks up.
     "Hello?"
     "Hi!" I giggle. His voice seems to brighten when he next speaks.
     "Aiyana? Is that you?" He asks. I giggle again.
     "It is! This is Abaddon right?" Of course it is. I recognize his voice.
     "Yea! What's up?"
     "There's a festival coming up, it's this Monday. Will you still be in town for it?" I ask. I hold my breath, awaiting his response. I really hope that he says yes.
     "Festival?" He asks.
     "Yes! It's at 6, it's nothing fancy but it's always super fun!" I gush.
     "Um-" he starts, "I'm not going to be in town but, I can travel over there for it," he says.
     "Oh, you don't have to,"
     "No! I'd love to!"
     "So, see you there?" I ask.
     "I'll see you there, Aiyana."
     I put the phone down and squeal. I run a lap around the house and when I return to my room, I realize that the phone never hung up. I pick it up, laugh awkwardly, apologize, and hang up. He's definitely not coming after that. "Cassia!" I yell for her. She runs in.
     "What? Are you alright?"
     "I may have just ruined everything," I say. She raises an eyebrow at me.
     "What do you mean, dear?"
     "I didn't hang up!"
     "What do you mean by that?"
     "I ran around the house like a child and I didn't hang up!" I whine. She laughs and pulls me into a hug.
     "If I was on the other end of that call, I'd think that was adorable,"
     "Are you sure?" I ask. She nods. I smile a bit.
     "Thanks, who knows if he'll come now." She rocks us a bit.
     I've put my red silk dress on. I can hear Cassia getting ready in her room. I'm putting my silver earrings in. They're a bit much, and I'll probably end up putting them into my purse, but I think they're pretty. I carefully tie my hair up, knowing that it will trickle down to my shoulders by the end of the night, like a stream down a river. I put a hairpiece in that matches the earrings. It will definitely end up in my purse as well. Cassia knocks on my door. "Come in," I beckon. She walks in looking positively stunning, as she always does. Her dress matches mine, except that it's pink. She's wearing gold jewelry. Her hair is done in a really pretty ponytail. "You look gorgeous." She smiles and stands behind me. "You do too."
     We are waiting at the entrance for Abaddon. Cassia and I got here and got a special festival drink. It tastes like strawberries. I'm insanely giddy, as well as nervous. The festival is loud, there's people talking, singing, the sound of the beach, the sounds of food stands and rides. It's quieter by the entrance, and there's a massive arch built of flowers. I love it here. Cassia is talking about how excited she is, and I'm nodding along. I wonder what Abaddon is going to wear. I'm sure it'll look great on him no matter what.