3. Drama

We drive back home in our cars, me in front of Lance replaying the moment I almost crashed into a car. We get into our driveways, and we exit our cars i walk over to him. “Thanks for coming to get me it really meant a lot” I said, “don’t thank me I’d drop anything for you” Lance replied with a reassuring look on his face. I smiled at him then I turned and walked into house before opening the door I gazed over at him and walked in the house.

        Looking over at the clock it read 9:27, my parents were sitting at the kitchen table. My mom twitching her leg and zoned out, dad on his phone. I attempted to close the door without a sound but of course i failed, my mother immediately looks up and says “Adria?!”. I dropped my shoulders and rolled my eyes, with a neutral tone I answered “yeah?” I walk into the kitchen to see my parents are standing with an angered look. “Where have you been!” my mom said with a raised voice, “i went out for a drive”. My mother’s face didn’t look phased by my answer, “really!? For five hours?” she yelled.

        My mother and I haven’t had the best relationship, she always thinks I’m lying to her whenever I say something. “Yes, I did go for a drive…if you don’t believe me why don’t you go ask Lance!” I yelled back at her “HEY! Don’t speak to your mom that way.” My dad yelled “Adria i just want you to be honest with me where did you go?” i was getting angary i started pacing and screamed “       I WAS ON THE FREEWAY AND I ALMOST REARENDED THE FUCKING CAR INFRONT OF ME!...I PULLED OVER AND GOT A FUCKING PANIC ATTACK!” I yelled and started crying. I saw the expression on their faces change, my mother tried comforting me, but I said, “no I don’t want your sympathy i just want to go to bed.” I walked out of the kitchen and went to my room I closed my door and sat on my bed the next thing I know I was waking up the next morning to my alarm.

        I get out of bed; go to my closet I grabbed a lose fitted black shirt and my ripped skinny jeans. I grabbed a new pair of underwear and the matching bra; I headed down the hallway to the bathroom where the door was surprisingly locked. I knocked on the door and asked, “who’s in here?” a few seconds later Nadia answered with a rude “it’s me!” I said back to her “I have to take a shower can i come in?”. Nadia and I have a good relationship she can be a bitch from time to time but other than that were good.

        She opened the door, and I walked in I go to the shower room, turn on the water to comfortable temperature. I undress myself and enter the shower, “I heard you and our parents arguing last night.” Nadia said. I didn’t respond to her “is everything ok?” “Yeah I’m fine” I answered. She obviously didn’t believe me, “you wanna talk about it?” she asked. I snapped at her “No i don’t!” she apologized, and we didn’t say anything else. After 10 minuets she left, and I finished up showering I got dressed and went back to my room where I put my make up on and some complementary jewelry.

        I went downstairs to the kitchen, Nadia and Carson were sitting at the counter eating cereal. Mom was making herself a cup of coffee while on her phone, dad was grabbing his brief case and his coffee cup. He kissed mom goodbye and told us all to have a great day. I went over to the fridge scanned the inside and closed the doors, then turned to the table. Mom broke the silence with “Your father and I will be home late tonight, Adria has track practice after school so Nadia and Carson you will have to ride the bus home after school today.” I didn’t say anything, but Nadia and Carson were bitching and moaning about the news they just received I was getting annoyed with it, so I announced.

              “I’m leaving in fifteen so if you want a ride meet me out there.” As I walked out of the kitchen and grabbed my stuff I opened the door mom exclaimed, “hey! where are you going?” I replied with “I’m going over to Cami’s to see if they have food.” I closed the door behind me, I walked over to the Alder’s house and walked into the bickering of Cami and Lance. As they see me walk in they stopped, I go over to the fridge and see if they had anything they had raspberries I grabbed them and started eating, I sat there listening to them bicker about a party that Lance is having.

        We walk out of the house, I see Nadia and Carson sitting in the car waiting for me, Jason pulls up and Cami gets in and yells “whoever gets to school last is paying for parking!” I look out my passenger window and see Lance sitting there, I squint my eyes and put the car in reverse. I step on the gas and zip back and turn left and speed off, I glance back in my rear-view mirror and see Jason and Lance behind me. I head onto the freeway and step on it, Carson is yelling as if he was being murdered it was kind of fun.

        Lance passed me and flipped me off I stepped on it and got off the freeway and took the town roads I dropped off Carson at Jefferson Elementary school then B-lined it to the high school. I got there first then a few moments Lance showed up, after he got out of his car Jason and Cami showed up. Nadia immediately got out of the car, she met up with her friends and went inside. While Jason was parking Lance walked over to me and said “wow I can’t believe after what happened you did that on the freeway” with an arrogant tone.

        I threw him a really look but knowing me I couldn’t stay silent after that comment “REALLY!” I yelled. I could see in his face that he realized he made a big mistake saying that, then he said, “hey calm down I was just joking around.” My expression didn’t change i said to him “don’t say that it’s not a joke to me.” I could see his expression go from cocky to sympathetic and pitiful.

        Cami and Jason walk up to us and see that the mood was off and asked, “hey is everything ok over here I’m getting a negative vibe.” Lance and I look at each other, I roll my eyes and look at Cami. Then Nikki calls Lance over to her he looks over and gives her that weird head nod guys do to people. Then says, “peace out dip shits see ya later,” and leaves. As I watch him walk over there Nikki grabs him and smashes her face into his it was so gross.

        Apart of me wished that I was the one he was kissing, but he was like by brother, and he is my best friend’s brother I could never do that to Cami. I turned my attention to Cami and Jason; we started walking to the front doors until Caleb came up to me. Caleb is part of Lance’s crew. I look at him like I’ve never seen him in my life as I was caught off guard. I asked him “umm hey Caleb what you doin?” with a questioning tone he then proceeded “I came over here to ask if you wanted to go out with me this weekend like Saturday at eight o’clock?”. I was considering his question, then it hit me that that was the same day and time as Lance’s beach party. “Are you asking me to go with you to Lance’s party?” I asked, “um yeah I am….so will you go with me?” he asked. I agreed to his “date”, but I was still wondering if Lance had anything to do with Caleb asking me out.

        We walked into school and went to our lockers I put my bag in my locker and grabbed my books. Then I headed to the locker rooms to put away my track stuff. As I was making my way to the locker rooms Lance comes up next to me and asks me about my date with Caleb. I stopped there dead in my tracks and turn to face him “how do you know about me and Caleb?” I asked. His body language immediately changed as I asked him that question he explained to me how Caleb has liked me for a while. He just needed the courage to ask me, so Lance gave him the opportunity to take me out to his party.

        I finished the rest of the day putting the pieces together, of how Lance could be using Caleb to get close to me. Because he’s not getting anywhere on his own and needs a few slaves to help him out. When seventh period was dismissed, I collected my books and went to my locker to put them away. Then headed to the girl’s locker room, where I changed into my track outfit and went outside to join the others. I finished practice early and went into the locker room to change as I was changing into my school cloths.

        As I was putting my jeans on Lance walked in and gazed at me. Something was different about him he stood there with his Nike runners on. With grey basketball shorts, and a thin muscle shirt on, that the sleeves were cut off. His expression on his face was filled with greed and desire I got a little nervous, I had never seen him like this. I was about to ask him a question when he purposefully walked over to me, my heart started to race. He placed himself in front of me, with only a few inches between us my heart pounding now. In a split-second Lance pushes me into the lockers and started kissing my neck, my excitement turned into fear as he pins me to the lockers and aggressively kisses my neck and chest and attempts to kiss me, but I push him away and punch him in the nose and run out to my car and drive home.