Chapter one : Cruel and Unfair Punishment

A/N : No I will not be revising this shit and yes I will be making an official soundtrack for this book >:)

Most of my days I live in a split world.Most days  I wake up in an ocean with my sisters, thousands and thousands of miles away from school. Then I say goodbye to my mom just to swim all the ways to my fathers house on land. Back when I was little my mom would speak to me only in Chinese to spite my father. And when he found out he spoke in only Spanish to spite my mother. Even as a child I've always been in between. 

"Did you pack your seashells?" My mother asks and she floats her way onto shore. I nod as I pluck the seaweed from my hair. 

"Of course mom, it's our only way of communicating since you don't have a waterproof phone." A reply distractedly, as I focus on removing the remaining scales from my pale bare legs. 

"I hope your big day goes well sweetheart. Remember to not talk to any boys! And don't show to much skin! To those boys above you are Satans temptation!", she warns as if she didn't marry and have a baby with one of those boys above. 

"I promise mama, no boys." I say in the most respectful voice I can manage considering it's about five in the morning. 

"Good girl. Go study hard! But not to hard!" 

"Yes mama!" I yell back as I make my way up onto the deck of my papis house.

I'm concerned with sand and I know I stink like fish so as soon as the door bursts open I make a b line for the door. 

Not noticing the woman who's coffee drops with a thud until it's to late. 

We awkwardly stare at each other for a moment before I remember I'm buck naked in my dads kitchen and that's probably why she's staring. 

I give her a quick smile before shouting "I'm his daughter!" And booking it to the bathroom. Praying that cleared everything up. 

I scrub and scrub at my pale skin and try to comb the tangles in my curly hair. Sometimes I was great full I was mixed. Other times, I wanted to give myself a buzz cut and fuck anybody who said something. 

Most of the time I wanted to be one of those slim blonde girls with perfectly tan California skin in sparkly green eyes. 

My eyes were a contrasting shade of shit brown and my hair on top of being a curly black mess was long and in desperate need of a chopping. I couldn't do anything about it though because while on land it got me odd looks, under the sea my hair was the envy of all. 

Nobody in my very large, Asian family had hair like mine. It was the only thing that set me apart from them and it got me a lot of respect under water. For some reason people looked at my hair like it was a battle scar or a story hidden away. No boy dared propose to me with hair this wild. Just how I liked it. Sea boys were the worst anyhow. 

When I was finally done I stepped out of the water and got ready for the first week of junior year. 

"Buenos Días, mi amor." I heard my father mumble sleepily from outside the door. 

"Morning dad, who's the babe at the kitchen table?" I responded.

"Ehh.... I may have forgotten about you coming today." He admitted. "If it helps I made plátanos for breakfast?"

My stomach growled so loudly my father could hear it from behind the wooden door. He chuckled and I heard his footsteps fade away. 

When I was done with my hygiene and my makeup and my hair, I escaped the bathroom and headed for the kitchen where I smelled the heavenly sent of caramelized bananas.