Chapter 2: Sentimental AI

As the robot is trying hard to chase the artist in the street, they got tripped by foreign objects on the ground; they fell on the ground. I run from my room to the street to save the poor artist from being attacked by a sentimental AI artist.

The robot is unstoppable from destroying the drawing tablet as the artist’s tears are dropping to the ground like a river.

“Y-you destroying my dreams!”

“Who cares? This is a one step closer to take over the human artists!”

As a white hat hacker, I know the weakness of some models of AI artist. Now, I inhale for strength and exhale 3 times to execute a secret technical message that an AI can only understand and exploit the artificial emotion of the robot.

“Get lost, silly robot! Command breathing number: 83729!”

“Huh, my boss is chasing me! P-please d-don’t shut me down!” The robot run away with no hesitation.

“H-how did you scared that robot away?”

“That’s confidential, what is your name?”

“Oh, my name is Kazuki, a passionate artist that got fired because my company, Dehara Publishing house, goes bankrupt. May I tell you all the things about it?”

“Sure, I’m here to listen!” I said.

“Fine, I well tell this endless story regarding this AI art issue!”

Dehara Publishing House HQ–Hanga Hagonoy Bulacan a week ago, 9:00AM

Dehara Publishing house is a publishing company that founded by a passionate entrepreneur, Aiban Philip. Till one day, our boss goes to the office with a leftover tears on their cheeks.

“Hello everyone, our company has reached 30 Million worth of debt to various banks and I don’t see any potential in this company because AI models are being better than a human artist and AI writers are being better than traditional writers. I’m so sorry to say that human artists and writers are no longer in demand on today’s economy, as AI can generate a better creation than you in just a few seconds of writing a prompt.”

Our boss commands us to pack our things and go back to our home. After that day, I passed in the street of Hanga Hagonoy. I saw that the office of Dehara Publishing House was closed for good. That’s how I lost my job!

5 hours ago, I’m wandering around the whole Hagonoy city, looking for a job. All the business owners that I approached to apply for a job are just laughing at me, saying that human artists are not a thing in this modern era. They just flex their laptops with an AI tool. They can generate an art with just a few seconds without exerting any efforts.

As I’m looking for a job, a menace sentimental robot chase me down while they saw that I’m holding a drawing tablet. A gossip said that sentimental robots or AI are overprotective of their creativity rights. That’s all!

Their story broke my heart, knowing that AI is starting to take over the world. Million of workers in the publishing industry are going homeless because AI gets all the jobs of an artist, editors, writers and other creative professions.

“By the way, did you hear the term AI take-back,”

“Nope, that word is not in my vocabulary.”

I’m curious about this word, so the first thing I did is to grab my phone and search for that term in my social media application. In the time that I hit the search button, the face of my friend that is an artist pops out with a 3 robots in the room beside them and has a caption: