Mumbai Mavericks FC

7:30 pm - Sunday, Mumbai

It was the most exciting time of the year, the moment everybody waited for - The CFL final. With celeb participants and the sponsorships coming in, the event attracted a large audience. Like every year, the stadium was jam-packed with spectators and loud music added to the vibe.

'Darshan!' Adarsh called while gesturing something. The match was in an intense fix. The crowd went silent.
"GOAL!!!!!!" Darshan does it and equals the scores with Delhi.

"Mumbai, Mumbai !" A loud intimidating cheer filled the air breaking the silence in the stadium.
Adarsh takes the lead.

" Ohhhhh, what a beauty!
What a GOAL!
It looked impossible but he did it, they did it, and the duo did it for the team again!
MUMBAI Mavericks FC wins this dramatic final of Celebrity Football league and takes the trophy home for the third time in a row," the commentators said almost jumping from their seats.

Darshan, unable to control his happiness jumped on Adarsh. Other teammates joined them. The theme song of the team played in the background. Everyone was looking happy.

Ishaan and Vikram who were biting their nails a minute ago came running to the field to hug their best friends. It was a picture-perfect moment, four childhood buddies in a group hug and a large number of spectators admiring them.

" Well done, my bois ", Ishaan said cheerfully and hugged both Adarsh and Darshan again.
" Look behind you, a lot of love is coming your way," Vikram said gesturing with his eyes to look behind. All of them looked and saw a group of girls approaching them, some with the banners 'We love you', some with flowers, and some with t-shirts, photo frames, pens, papers, and mobile phones in their hands to probably ask for their autographs and pictures.

"Look at their faces", Ishaan said grinning. Both Adarsh's and Darshan's faces reflected shock and fear. The girls approached them, and both of them were bombarded with praises and demands to click pictures and autographs. Ishaan and Vikram stood at the distance clicking awkward pictures of their friends in a huddle of girls. Darshan obliged them while Adarsh shook hands with each one of them with a smile acknowledging their appreciation.
After all this was over, Darshan and Adarsh at the same time let out a breath of relief.

They walked towards Ishaan and Vikram who were now arguing over something. While looking at them nobody could say they are grown-up adults. Ishaan is like Jerry, always provoking Vikram with his mischief and Vikram is like Tom, always annoyed and chasing the grownup human Jerry of the group.

"I am not driving", Ishaan said, Vikram looked at him with a 'here we go again' expression.
"Okay then, neither will I, go home walking," Vikram said while looking in the other direction.
"YOU!!!! Fine, we'll take turns," Ishaan said and Vikram nodded, smiling.
Darshan and Adarsh looked at them like it was usual business for them and continued walking towards the parking lot.

All four of them had come in Adarsh's car and now would go back to Pune in the same car. As Adarsh and Darshan were the players, they needed rest so it was Vikram who drove the car while coming and now it was Ishaan's turn, who suggested taking turns to drive. Vikram agreed because the human Jerry for the first time had agreed to do something at least.

They all reached the car.
" Let's go, boi," said Adarsh imitating Ishaan and threw the keys towards him.

All of them sat inside, Adarsh and Darshan at the back and Vikram in the passenger seat. Adarsh took out his laptop to work, the other three glared at him. Ishaan gave a glaring look in the mirror. Adarsh paused for a while, feeling their glaring stare but then shrugged and continued working. Knowing that it was impossible to convince him, Ishaan focused back on driving, Vikram and Darshan looked outside the window, soaking in the beauty surrounding the Mumbai- Pune Expressway.

After a while,
To break the silence in the car, Ishaan deliberately turned on the pink lights in the car and played a song from a desi auto driver's playlist.

" Bas ek Sanam chahiye... Aashiqui ke liyeee🎶......"

Everybody ignored him , thinking that he'll stop it once he realises nobody is paying attention to him.
But soon a wave sound filled the car ...

"La la la la la la .....*wave sound*
....... Saat samundar..🎶🎶

And this was it . Adarsh passed an annoyed look to him through the mirror, Vikram snatched his phone and disconnected it.
After a while, Darshan connected his phone to the car's system and played a song by Plain White T's.

Hey there, Delilah
What's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away
But, girl, tonight you look so pretty, ......🎶

Hearing this song, Adarsh shut his laptop, and opened the window on his side, with cool air touching his face, he closed his eyes for a few seconds and leaning his head back on the seat, messy black hair falling on his forehead, he kept looking at the ring on his index finger.

While his friends, Vikram and Darshan were feeling the air on their faces, coming through the open window and Ishaan continued driving the car with a small smile adorning his face.

The song continues,

A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way.......🎶

Thank you, your feedback is welcome and please let me know if there are any suggestions.😊