Easter Sunday

I know Easter is over (for those who celebrate), but I've had this idea in my head for a while and just had to put it down!
🐣

Happy watched his seven year old cousin fidget in the floral pastel Easter dress his mother had dressed her in. Her hair was partially up with a big matching bow in the back of it. She was wearing thick white tights, and her black Mary Jane shoes were spotlessly clean, the vinyl so shiny she could see herself in them. He knew that because she kept making faces at herself in her reflection. "Nice shoes, kid," he told her.

Angela looked up at him and grinned showing off her missing front tooth, her dark eyes shining. "Thank you."

"Angelita, eat your breakfast, or we're going to be late for church," Elena said, shaking her head at her. "One hour to get her into that dress, and she better not tear those tights or she's going to be in big trouble."

Happy fought against a chuckle. He'd had a feeling Angela didn't willingly put on the dress; she hated dresses. "How'd she do it?" he asked the little girl.

"Tia owes me a chocolate bunny. A big one," Angela answered proudly, her little legs swinging from her seat on the chair.

"And your primo is going to go put on a nice shirt and a tie," Elena said, straightening the bow in Angela's hair.

Happy frowned, shaking his head. "Ma..."

"I don't want to hear it," Elena said, holding up a hand. "You go. I ironed your shirt and found the tie. Go, get changed, and I get you a chocolate bunny too, mijo."

The door opened and Kozik shouted, "It's me!"

Angela pushed away from the table and sprinted towards him. Happy followed behind, smirking as she launched herself at the blonde. Kozik caught her easily, twirling her around and pressing a kiss to her cheek. Koz only known Angela for a few months, but the two had become incredibly close. Angela adored him, and Happy was glad to see it. Koz gave her the cuddles and babying that Happy just didn't have in him. "Hey kiddo," Koz said before setting her down. He wasn't wearing his cut and was wearing a dark blue button down shirt over black jeans with clean black boots. He took Angela's hand, twirling her around. "Look at you! Stylin'! Love the dress!"

She grinned up at him, thrilled by the compliments. "Thanks, Kozi!"

Elena walked into the room, looking Kozik up and down before frowning. "Where's your tie, mijo?"

Kozik patted his chest down, eyes wide before he snapped his fingers. "Damn, must've forgot it at home. Sorry, Lena."

"No matter, I get you one. Happy, go change! We're going to be late!" Elena said, pushing them both towards the stairs to the basement where Happy's room was. "Rapido, rapido." (Fast, fast)

~'~'~'~'~~'~'~'~'~~'~'~'~'~~'~'~'~'~~'~'~'~'~

Happy stood beside his mother in the church pew with Angela at his side, Kozik on her other side. The priest rambled on, and he went through the motions he'd known since he was a kid. He'd managed to avoid going to church since his Uncle Chico died, but this year, Kozik had stuck is foot in his mouth and asked what they were doing for Easter since they didn't have a run. Elena had jumped on the chance to have all of her kids at church with her. So now they were both standing there in the packed church listening to the priest drone on. He was in the one black button up shirt he had with the dark blue tie his Ma had dug out of who knows where. Angela was standing on the kneeler, leaning over the back of the pew in front of them to poke Lino's shoulder since he and his Ma were standing in front of them. Elena had said the reason they did that was because it was the only way they'd found where Angela and Lino somewhat behaved. Sitting next to each other, they messed around too much. If they say in front of Lino, the boy spent most of the time messing with Angela's hair or helping her pull out her bow. Lino's mom had dressed him in a little vest, khakis, and a bow tie. His hair was perfectly gelled to the side with little spiked up front. He was missing a couple teeth like Angela, and the two were having fun making faces at each other by poking their tongues through the gaps.