| 𝐏 𝐑 𝐎 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄

People are tools

People are tools.

"Hey! Babe, I got something for you. It looks like some fancy ass mail," Jefferson stated in that loud ass mouth of his. He waved the envelope in the air as he approached me.

I looked at him.

"Give it to me," I demanded. Extending my hand out, he placed the envelope in my hand. I massaged the crease with my thumb, surveying the rich material that was used.

"Looks like some type of college invite," Jefferson voiced, appearing as excited as I never was.

The crease was sealed with waxed gum. In the center, there was a brand of a man on a wolf with a golf club lifted in the air.

"Go on. Open it," Jefferson encouraged. He crossed his arms over his wide torso, resting his butt against the edge of the counter.

My lips burrowed. Examining this envelope, I peeled away the gum and flipped back the flap. "Don't tell me what to do," I mumbled.

He let out a low chuckle. I didn't see what was funny but it didn't matter. As I slid the paper out of the envelope, letters were imprinted on the back part that wasn't folded.

I decided to ignore it for now and open the paper.

Greetings, Mr. O'Neal. We're excited to invite you to join us at Willow Academy. An academy that preps you for the best and prepares you for the worst. We are delighted to have you be the first student of this year to be invited.

I skimmed down the page to locate an address. "Jeff, let me use your laptop," I murmured.

He did as he was asked. He stalked out of the kitchen and returned with his laptop. He placed it in front of me. With the envelope in my left hand, I used my right to peel open the laptop until the screen lit up.

I typed in the address that was given and waited for the page to load. Tapping my foot against the floor, I became impatient.

Woodcreek Academy

"This isn't Willow Academy," I muttered, audible enough for him to hear.

"It's not? Maybe that shit is mixed up. Probably got the address wrong." Jeff grabbed the back of my chair then leaned forward to get a proper look at the screen.

I let out a low chuckle. A sinister grin on my lips as I scanned the screen. "I don't think it's a mistake on the address part. Whoever sent this wanted me to believe it was Willow Academy."

"Woodcreek is an alpha-only academy. They don't want omegas," he stated. His shaggy brown hair fell past his ears and his chestnut eyes narrowed slightly.