𝗦𝗢𝗖𝗜𝗔𝗟 𝗠𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗔²

𝒫𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒟𝒂𝒚, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰—

I was in the living room, watching a show on Netflix. I was enjoying the silence in the house. That was until I heard the front door open and the dog barking excitedly.
"Beckett, is that you?" I yelled, hoping she'd respond 'cause she usually gets home from school in a bad mood.

She always up in her room, blasting music and only coming downstairs to show me things that she's drawn or to eat.
She's at that age where she has grown an obsession, fan girling over boys.
I'm grateful that she isn't going crazy for BTS or Taylor Swift.

I gave birth to a mini me. She's into Deftones and Metallica. Old bands that I used to listen to growing up. When my sister came over, Beckett was blasting music.
My sister sighed and told me that I was re-born.

Surprisingly she came over to the couch with me, placing her backpack onto the couch next to her.

"Mom, I don't know if this is too much to ask for but..Tokio Hotel is preforming a concert and I was wondering if you could buy me a ticket. As an early birthday gift." She said. When she mentioned the band name, I swear I heard it before but I couldn't quite remember.

"When are they performing?" I asked and she explained to me every detail that she knew about the performance. She never mentioned this band at all until today.
"Alright, I'll see what I can do. If your Dad says no, I'm gonna convince him for you." I smiled and she squealed excitedly.

"Thank you!" She hugged me tightly to which I returned.

She then did her homework while watching the show playing on the tv.

After she was done, she headed upstairs to change out of her school clothes and put her backpack up. Then all of the sudden, she's running downstairs, breathing heavily.

"Mom!" She said, her hand on her chest as she stood in front of me.
"Yes?" I respond, giving her a weird look. Why was she running so fast?
-"and don't do that ever again. You could've fell." I explain and she nodded before showing me a video on TikTok.

"What am I looking at?" I questioned and she gulped.

"Okay, so I remembered how you looked back then. From the 2000s and tell me this girl doesn't look like you." She said, letting the video play. It was an edit and the caption read, "I wish I was that girl. I would've died if he held me like that."
The edit played and I was indeed me. Then all of the sudden, it hit me.
It was back in 2007 when I went to their concert and went up stage.

My jaw dropped and Beckett put her phone down.
"Is it you?!" She gasped and I nodded.

"I remember that day. It was my first Tokio Hotel concert and they let me go on stage to sing with them. Bill let me kiss his cheek and I was blushing so hard." I giggled, turning into a teenager again.

"Oh, my god! Mom, why didn't you tell me? I'm so jealous. You kissed my husband?!" She groaned.

"That's what I used to call him." I blushed thinking about it.

"Do you still have the pictures?" She asked.
I remembered I stored them in a memory box and later put it in the attic.

"Yeah, I have everything in a box in the attic. I also have like..7 boxes of clothes I kept." I told her and she gasped.

"Can I have them?" She begged with pleading eyes. I decided I was gonna give them to her since they don't fit me anymore.

I got the box out the attic and showed her the pictures. She gasped as she saw the photos and running her fingers over their autographs on my camera.
"How do you turn this on?" She asked. I took the camera from her and turned it on. I'm surprised it still works! I found the videos I recorded and showed them to her.
Her jaw was dropped the entire time. She laughed when she heard me screaming.

Then she found the video where Bill helped me on stage. I was still recording when that happened. Then she went a little too far and saw me dancing with my Bill Kaulitz cardboard cut-out.

"I forgot I bought that.." I say, embarrassed.

I let her keep all my Tokio Hotel merch which was 2 boxes worth of merch.
Half of my albums were signed since I always saved up to go to meet and greets where they saw me every time.

She then opened the boxes of clothes and fell in love. She tried them on and they fit her the way they used to fit me.

She gasped so loud when she found the Tokio Hotel baby tees.
"Oh, my god! I got those custom made and wore this one to the concert!" I exclaimed and she was squealing in excitement.

"I think you were their biggest fan. What happened?" She asked.

"Well, eventually I was getting older and I had a job, school to deal with, upcoming tests and all that. I didn't have time to listen to music so I stopped going to their concerts, meet and greets, and stopped listening to rock. I guess you can say I grew out of it. Then all the clothes started shrinking and I was getting taller, so they didn't fit the same. I began to buy band tees because I always wanted to remember that I used to listen to these bands. I started doing my makeup like every other girl because it was a new style and I didn't wanna be left in the 2000s." I explained and she nodded.

"You know there's people dressing like they're in the 2000s?" She mentioned, looking at me.
-"really?"

-"Yeah, there's people who wish they were born in the 2000s. Why couldn't you have gave birth to me in the 2000s?" She asked.
-"girl, I was like..14 and still crushing on boys, bye!" I rolled my eyes jokingly and she giggled.

"Thank you, Mom! I'm gonna flex all of this stuff all over TikTok. They're gonna be so jealous!" She squealed and I helped her take the boxes upstairs to her room.
She hung up all the signed posters and displayed the cds I had.

I was really glad that neither of those things went to a waste.
I guess it is like I was re-born.