⁰⁰⁴Hey

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄ ⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄

introducing...

📞

! chapter four !

by eve

🕯️

now playing...

! slow it down - benson boone !

! anything for you - eyedress joys !

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄ ⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄

Light floods in through my windows, my eyes straining against the light. I slowly get out of bed, hating to leave the cloak of warmth. I slowly get ready for the day, loving the warm weather, and quickly get to school. My brothers are sitting next to me on the bus, making annoying comments and things. More often than not, they make the bus ride so chaotic, always yelling or laughing so obnoxiously, annoying the shit out of me.

I'm not too fond of school, loathing the extensive homework and classes. The class I love most is photography. I don't know why I love photography so much but I think it's because of the memories I can keep in the photos. I like the way that just one picture can preserve so much emotion from the moment or memory from which it was taken. I love the way that the picture can capture so much sadness or happiness, anger or excitement, whatever emotion is depicted in it, so well.

But I particularly love taking pictures of landscapes or places, loving the way the objects, trees, lighting, or sun can change the picture so dramatically. I specifically like taking pictures of the ocean, loving how the camera can capture the rippling effect of the waves, or golden hour glow from the sun. That's why I like to go to the beach near our house at night, like to watch the stars or just sit in silence, recognizing the small things in life.

That's what I was trying to do the other day when I ran into some girl. I'm not complaining though because she was really nice and kind, but I wasn't expecting to run into anyone because that little inlet of a beach is kind of a secret. It's too small for anyone to really notice it, that's why I usually go there to relax. And it might sound really cliché, but that's where I go to just hang out and get away from everything.

Well, when I was leaving the beach, where she was, and said I wanted to see her again, I was honest. I really want to see her again and meet up somewhere. I honestly don't think that's going to happen though because our town is really big and we probably live far away. I just want to see her smile again, it was so bright and warm.

════ 📞

"Guys hurry!" I say from our drive way, yelling to my brothers who are still fumbling with stupids props and grabbing drinks that we need for the car video. It's Thursday again, and you know what that means. It's time to record another video for our adoring fans!

Once they get in the car I immediately start driving to the nearest McDonalds, one of the biggest staples to our videos. If you are a fan and know us, that's the one obvious fact about us, that we go to McDonalds almost religiously for our car videos.

I slowly drive the car into the drive thru, still getting nervous from my annoying anxiety of drive thru's. I have done this so many times before but it's still hard to deny the feelings of anxiousness and nervousness, the thoughts always shadowing me.

Still, I drive the car forward, behind the burgundy car that's in front of us. The drive through line seems long today, but that's no feat for us, my brother's chatter and jokes filling the car, slightly distracting me from my anxious thoughts. Well that's until another car pulls into the drive through from behind us, fully locking us into place, no room to escape or drive away if the cars around me break down or run out of gas. That's my biggest fear, being stuck between the cars from in front and behind me.

I tell myself that it's all okay, tell myself to just breathe. I do, taking full deep breaths, until we finally pull up to the speaker box, awaiting for a voice to welcome us to take our order.

"Welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order?" A soft voice says a second later, and I immediately recognize it. It immediately calms some of my nerves, most of my nervousness washing away.

Then I calmly give my order, not caring about the cars around me. Once I finish my order and she says to pull up to the next window I find myself smiling. She seems so refreshing, like a cold breath of air on a sweaty summer day. It's so perfect.

I slowly inch the car forward and arrive at the window, seeing her pretty face and dark brunette hair shine in the light of the restaurant. I smile warmly, it reflecting onto her, a golden smile stretching across her face. It makes me swoon.

"Hi Ell, didn't know you worked here," I give her my card, annoyingly paying for both of my brothers and I, Chris of course forgetting his money again.

"Oh, hi! I knew I recognized your voice!" she chuckles, and it warms my heart, something inside of me fluttering. "Yeah, I started working here a couple weeks ago. How are you doing?" She asks while swiping my card onto the little machine in front of her.

"Good, just getting some food with my brothers," I say, turn around in the drivers seat to glance at them, giving them a knowing look. Don't say a thing, I'll tell you guys later, I say eye glance.

"That's nice," she gives me a smile, her glossed lips stretching across her face. Then I look forward for a second, seeing that the line of cars has still not moved, the woman in front of us taking so long.

"Oh, uh, we are gonna go to the beach after this...If you want to join us in an hour?" I say hesitantly, not wanting to annoy my brothers if they don't want to go. Going to the beach wasn't on our schedule but I think we don't have anything else to do, and hopefully my brothers won't care to make a new friend.

"Yeah totally! I get off work in about, uh..50-ish minutes," she gives me back my card, her delicately tan arm reaching over from the window to hand it to me.

"Okay, see you then," I smile, and I can then hear her talking to someone in her headset, probably taking the next order. Once she's fully wrapped up in another order I turn to my brothers, pocketing my credit card.

"I met her yesterday at the beach," I say quietly to my confused brothers.

"Okay. But I don't want to go to the beach dude," Chris complains and I roll my eyes, crossing my arms.

"Well your gonna have to idiot," I bicker with him, Nick jumping in on the argument. But of course I get my way, because I'm the driver and they can't just drive and take us home by themselves.

After we finally pull out of the drive through I drive to our usual parking lot destination. Then we set up the camera, checking that it's in focus and start the video. We open our drinks with satisfying clicks and unfold our cheeseburgers from their wrapping. We make the video, bouncing ideas and thoughts off each other, arguments and bickering weaving their way through it.

After about thirty minutes of video footage I lift the camera from the hood, angle the camera to Chris for a quick yap and kiss the camera a goodnight.

Then we are soon driving our way to the small beach, my nerves somehow at an all time high. I'm excited to see her again, an energetic gut feeling floating in my stomach.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄ ⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄

Hiiihi

New chap :)

Thanks y'all for sticking with me through all the editing <33

Love y'all<33

- love eve