Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

After World War three the world was now half destroyed it looked like half burned paper and the wounds of war were still fresh in the hearts of civilians' government never listened to them all the democracy was only left on the pages of books of law. people died and people cried some died in the bombing some died because of the death of their loved ones, and some died due to hunger whereas some died of thirst when on the other hand government were busy in the war .Due to the use high level weapons the war hardly lasted for five months but the after effects were still evident in the eyes of the people who were not from the upper class. The graveyards were full daily the number of dead people was increasing now when the higher authorities saw this many higher ups left their seats, they fled away with the money stolen by them.

Then new people arrived and with them arrived some crazy people who wanted to make humanoid robots, but these humanoids were a little different. These people were rich also not in money but resources they had hide food, clothing, and medic resources in safe banks they made in every country if you see these resources were enough for these countries because the constant deaths reduced the number of people living. Until the government could make the people stand once again, they could use the resources, so they make contract with them.

They were provided with lands and as the contract stats after 5 years they could start their experiments, but no human life should be harmed in this process.

In the room on the top floor of an old two-story house a teenage girl could be seen breathing sharply her finger was shaking slowly she clutched the comforter and then with an audio able gasp she opened her eyes. Because of this sudden movement her sight was blurry. She groaned when a sudden headache hit her as she tried to move, she found that hands were too weak to lift them up she wanted to say something, but throat was too dry.

Keeping her eyes closed She thought about looking around herself to find out where she is. As she opens her eyes she finds whit ceiling in front of her eyes in a dimly lit room. She then hears a beeping sound coming from somewhere in the room. She looked at her right side there was a heart monitor beeping with her heartbeat somehow after many attempts she got her hands to get close to her face.

She saw needles going in her flesh and just then she heard the door being unlock and a boy came from the other side of the door.

The boy looked up and their eyes met light blue met the same light blue his eyes widen the girl looked at him with confusion like she can't believe what is she seeing '' flint is ... '' she stammered her mind was messed u p and her throat was dry making it hard to say anything but still she managed to complete her sentence 'flint is tthhat yu..'' the boy was on the verge of crying.

He has prayed for her to wake up every day since that accident. he has been lonely for so long he's been barely holding on that tiny hope that someday she will wake up and then he will ask for her forgiveness for leaving her alone, failing to protect her, for everything she endured in this three years "flint its 'cough' it's you right '' she called again and flint bit his lips keeping himself from breaking down he slowly nodded h his head.

She was confused anyone could tell looking at the expressions she was making as she tried to say something flint noticed she was having difficulty speaking he rushed out of the door and soon comeback with a water bottle in his hand as he come near her she realized that he was very tall at least 6 ft or maybe taller than that he slowly helped her in drinking water after settling her in a sitting position he took a seat on the chair close to her bad.

She then asked '' brother why do you look so old'' flint 's face changed slowly first he frowned then he looked like he was thinking something then understanding and finally relief ''what is the last thing you remember '' flint asked she thought for a while ''I was sleeping in my dorm room '' ''you have amnesia you don't remember the last 6 years of your life winter 's mouth was agape she can't trust her ears if she lost the memory of her life then 'oh no' a look of horror crossed her face she was 10 in her last memory " you have been asleep for 5 days because of an accident you were unconscious " "what happened " she asked "that I think you don't need to know " where are we now '' she asked the next question '' we are in hiding '' now she was confused why are they hiding looking at the frown on winter 's face flint said '' I will tell you everything once you recover don't stress yourself out '' flint stood up patting her head '' take some rest now '' he left her in her room she looked at the ceiling of her room she huffed ' what a confusing life '' 'well whatever I will think about it later ' she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep . 

Winter was again in that dark place it was but she could see her hands and her feet she was in a hospital gown she started walking after for some time she saw a glass wall she put her hand on the glass on the other side of the glass she saw a bed specifically a hospital bed above the bed there a light bulb we see in movies in operation theatre the bulb was lightning up only a small part of the room on that side.  everything around that was dark. after a while  she saw two men in surgeon uniform and a nurse they surrounded the bed after sometime something caught her eyes on the floor there was blood dripping down and slowly the amount of blood was increasing now there was a pool of blood on the floor her eyes then went from the pool of blood to the bed where she saw beautiful pale hand shaking her heart started  beating  fast then she heard a constant beeping sound and slowly the hand went numb.

Winter opened her eyes frantically breathing her eyes met with the same ceiling and ears with the familiar beeping sound this time frantic she heard the sound of door opening and brother making his way towards her.  Her forehead was covered in sweat.  ........