Chapter 3

a/n: I'm gonna make face claims for them eventually because the photos I pick won't do (they won't have the same face). Anyways
---
Zariyah "Yuri" Winters

I sat in the living room rubbing my eyes, I spent all night on call with "Kahmyla" and didnt even notice the time passing by. Im glad I got a little sleep either way tho.

I still don't know why I texted her instead of her texting me. I mean she did ask for my number.

But I will brush those thoughts off for now. I had to attend a small cookout which my grandmother was doing for us.

She had been wanting to see us for a while and decided to do it so we could catch up with her, other people were gonna be there to tho. I just know it.

But I had to be there at 7 and it's 4:56 so might as well start getting ready.

I went upstairs to my room rolling my eyes as Isiah who was on the phone with his so called "girlfriend" who I never liked. She be having attitude with me and Dalani for no reason she lucky ion beat her ass yet.

I head to my bathroom after taking out my clothes so I don't have to stress on what to wear and I turned on my shower adjusting it.

I scrubbed my body humming, after that I massaged my scalp with my shampoo then washed and after I put my conditioner in then washed it again.

After all that I came out and wrapped the towel around my body grabbing my toothbrush and brushing my teeth.

Once I was done I placed my toothbrush back once I washed it and came in my room taking my towel off and drying myself before putting on my bra and panties.

The outfit I picked out were ripped jeans and a dark but light pink top. Nothing extra. I grabbed my white small bag then went to where I have all my lipgloss and stuff.

I used my brown lip liner then used some lip balm to blend it in then added my lipgloss and smiled looking at how basic but pretty I looked.

I checked and it was 6:30 and my mom was still getting ready so we all had to wait. I know we wasn't gonna be on time yet this was for us. Black people never on time anyways.

While fixing my hair I get a text from Justina and clicked on her contact.

kahmyla (girl from pharmacy)

hyd?

oh nothing much I'm boutta go to a cookout my grandmother'tus doing.

oh ok, I know we just met but you wanna hang out some time????

sure, what day and time could work for you?

Could you do Monday at around like 5? We could do a picnic or something.

alright that could work, at the park right?

Yeah, I'll bring the food

Kk see you soon.

One thing was I would never turn down food, you would be surprised on how much I manage to eat yet I look this skinny. It's because of my fast metabolism.

I put on my Crocs cause I love them and didn't buy them for nun of course.
After 5 minutes my mom came out looking gooddd. No wonder she took that long.

"Alright let's go." We headed downstairs heading in her car because I'm to lazy to drive mines.

I take some pictures and look at the one I took earlier posting it on Instagram before laying back closing my eyes but not falling sleep.

@normalzariyah: going to one cookou

Liked by @dalanisdatbitch and 1,564 others.

@dalani😈: siss❤️
➡️ 😵‍💫🩷

View more comments

After a while we finally arrived and after we got out and my mom locked the car as we went inside.

It was crowded. We pushed through the crowd until we saw our Grandma opening the oven and I arrived first to her hugging her from behind.

She turned around smiling as she took out the plain cake and set it on the marble counter using her mittens.

"Hey kids, oh I missed you so much especially Zariyah." She said hugging me and rocking me side to side as I smile awkwardly.

We haven't seen her since I was in grade 8, I been graduated.

She soon took up our food and some people just got their plates and leave. Greedy motherfuckers.

--
so??

I worked on this chapter on Friday n never finished smh but here y'all go

(fc's will be next chapter)