Cauda 01 - Everything In Place

"Ready and willing!"

"We excelled in the strangest places.

Full time job putting apes in cages.

Flies on the table, leashed to a maypole,

Muddy are the eyes of the great escapist." ~ Jam Baxter

Coda, from the Latin cauda: A concluding musical section that is formally distinct from the main structure. ~ Merriam-Webster 11th Collegiate Dictionary

(To those on RR, WP, WN and QUO, you reeeeallllly should read the previous two books. While I wrote those with the ability to jump in wherever, a lot of this won't make any sense unless you at least skim through them. Same goes for AO3 but you all can see this is part of a series. Happy reading!)

Dark was the night. Rain lightly fell from the skies. Not enough to ruin plans but enough to dampen attitudes. Why did it have to rain now of all nights? Whatever. You weren't going to let this minor inconvenience ruin months of planning. The weather report only called for a few centimetres anyways.

It was all to end here.

For Displo.

For what they did to Tabi.

For the all the others.

The Dearest Family would fall.

You decide to do a roll call. Now or never. With your comlink you do some checks.

"Team Fortran?" You ask. "Are you all ready?"

"I don't see why you'd need to check for us. We are right here." Solazar said.

"Ready and willing!" Tess declared.

"I to, am ready, on standby." Displo said.

"Team Lisp?"

"Such weak defenses. This is what he protects himself with? Can't we just go in and slaughter them all?" S said happily.

"We're ready. Can we get started now? I'm getting bored here." Nikusa said.

"I-I'm ready!" Nikku said, still using Tess' voice.

"Soon. Team Python. I am ready. How about everyone else?"

"Yes." Tabi said quietly. He sounded focused.

"They're gonna pay for what they did to my bro." Aldryx said. "Thanks man. I'd do the same thing for you." Agoti added as they fist-bumped.

"Team Zig?"

"It's bloody cold out here." Theo said.

"I-I'm sorry. I can't control it." Ace replied rather sadly.

"Nah, it's just cause the water's cold. Nothing to do with you." Kapi said.

Huggy emitted some sort of sound in agreement.

"Suffice to say we are all getting in position and ready." Updike concluded.

"Team Haskell?"

"Almost there. I don't care what this witch says. I'm getting answers." Annie spat from her end.

"The heaven did you just call me? I am NOT a witch! You wanna end this right now?" Carol said threateningly.

"Girls. Girls. Please. Save that energy for the gate." Whitty complained, groaning in annoyance.

"Team Cobol?"

"My Gang is armed. I am too. The Fae are watching closely." Rosie said. You could hear cocking her sniper rifle.