Cauda 11 - Our Main Act

"I can't believe we're actually doing it. I've dreamed of this day."

Now Playing...

Artist: Vesna

Song: Pautina

The final team was enroute to the compound now.

Team Python.

Tabi, the Andromeda brothers and you. Aldryx drove, nominating himself the most capable. He drove with no hurry or any odd manoeuvres. Glancing at the rearview mirror you could see he looked focused and just a tad angry.

He drove with the window down, cool summer air flowing through the vehicle. He expected Tabi to make some remark about being seen but didn't. Tabi didn't care who saw him.

Agoti had moved on from worrying about the prison. But Aldryx, you could tell he didn't forgive that easily. He was still pissed about it, even after everything was said and done, Tabi confirming that much to you. During one practice Aldryx snapped at his brother, that he shouldn't just 'get over' his incarceration. Aldryx wanted revenge.

Agoti sat in the passenger seat, headphones on, jamming out. It was hard to tell if he took it seriously. He seemed the most laid back of anyone in the car. During the simulations he commonly goofed of. It would have worried you if he hadn't already proved himself in Blindside, Earthquake and Flashbang.

You and Tabi sat in the back, your mind awash with the operation and all you heard so far.

Nikku's team was ultimately successful.

Annie's team and a surprise guest (Pompom) had taken quite a beating but were now in IRIS' hands back at the data centre. According to S Annie's car had been totalled by demons but compared to what could have happened it was a good outcome.

Mommy was taken out of the picture too...and summarily brought back. It pissed off Annie, who demanded she be taken back to the compound for a rematch.

Updike's team botched their role, though in their defense nobody could have seen Psychic coming. Even Tabi and Carol weren't aware of Psychic, despite visiting the compound before. For now Team Zig, plus Blackjack and some robot called Hex were waiting for Psychic to retrieve Retro. You had no idea who Hex was, but a few members on the team stated he was okay to be trusted. Even Tabi remarked that he'd seen that bot before. Based on what you understood he was an IRIS associate.

Hex apparently tried to convince Psychic to go with the team though his answer was unclear. Regardless, if Psychic didn't, Updike prepared his own fallback. TGG were enroute with some 'anti-telepathic weaponry' and would try to take out Psychic with it should he refuse.

The only bonus was that they set up the repeaters, making the spell still possible.

Psychic also mentioned something about a Laughing Plan. Tess and Solazar were already looking up any mention of it, hitting nothing but dead ends. All you knew was tonight the night it debuted, and Psychic warned Hex and friends to get as far from the compound as possible. S too, was in the process of hacking everything to see if he could find a mention of it.

Despite the warning you and the others had no intention of stopping. You continue to stare out the window, looking at passing streetlights.

Tabi sat next to you, fiddling with his weaponry. He came armed and prepared. Never mind a heist he was dressed for war. Even though he wore his usual blue hoodie and jeans he wore an additional vest over, brown and bulletproof it hung open. He also added blue armbands around his upper arm like a soldier would. Alongside his hunting knife he brought a flamethrower, M1895 revolver and RPK-47, the assault rifle he had purchased from that strange arms dealer.