Cauda 18 - Painting the Sky Red

"YOU CANNOT KILL CLOWN! CLOWN KILLS YOU!"

Now Playing...

Artist: Steam-Flow

Song: Our Freedom Cannot Die

You blink, finding yourself no longer on Newgrounds City streets. There was much confusion as the transition appeared instant. The sky turned a bright crimson, blank of all manners of clouds and stars. Behind you was a mountain, a series of Mars-coloured cliffs that encircled a battlefield. They didn't extend infinitely high, though towered over everyone. Judging by the existance of ruins, this was where the Compound once stood.

From beyond the moutains ensnaring the field, black mountains further in the distance stood. Jagged and angled strangely, they apeared almost more like brambles than massive rock structures. This wasn't Earth. There was no question about it.

In the circular field you found yourself and the others standing at the southern point.

Whatever grass, hills and road once existed here was gone as well, replaced with flat red dirt. Such observations did not go on for long as Theo's voice caught your attention.

"By jove, where are we?" You look to see him further to the eastern point of the circle, Updike's boat just sitting unevenly on the flat surface. He stood up from the captain's seat looking around at the alien landscape.

The others on the boat were present too, similarly confused. Kapi, Ace, Hex and Psychic. Ace saw you and the others first, his eyes immediately focusing on Retro. He screamed and ran to him, going on all fours to grab the demon into a strong hug.

Not as far as Theo's crew another car was present. By the blinking, glowing lights around it and people seated, you determined it to be the Fae and the Donnas. Guess they didn't make it to the forest.

A beep from the left got your attention next. Standing there, across the field on the western side was Boyfriend and Girlfriend, seated in their car. They stopped it, getting out, perplexed at what happened to them.

Tabi noticed them too, though his attention was turned elsewhere. He had more prescient things to deal with at the moment. A bit further from the lovebirds stood Solazar, a gangly black creature next to him panting on the ground, trying to hold himself up.

"Guy's got taste." S stated aloud. "Which guy-" You see now what the others were looking at.

Everyone was staring up at the middle of the field. In the centre were several buildings that looked to have been smashed together. You vaguely recognize some of the buildings as from the compound, as if a black hole launched them all together in one mass. Some windows had lights still on while others were smashed in. Stuck out of the ground, the industrial collage appeared to be half-sunk in the ground, sitting at a 45 degree angle, sticking up maybe a story or two.