001 | #nalish💞

⚠️In this book both nidal and salish will be 16.⚠️

Today is the day! I've been waiting 3 months to see my best friend. It's been hard since i do have best friends in LA but their not like nidal. I will be flying over to texas to spend a month at the wonder's summer house.

                                                                                                           ___

'Salish! Are you ready to go?!' my dads voice echoed from downstairs.

"Yep! Coming!' I shouted.

I put up my hair in a messy bun, slid on some grey sweatpants paired with a black hoodie. I grabbed my light pink backpack and put some essentials inside and finally, grabbed my suit case filled with all my belongings.

As i hopped downstairs, i was met with my mom and dad.

'There's my little girl! Are you excited?' my dad exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug.

'Yes! i'm so excited, i can't wait to see nidal and jiji.' I eagerly said, looking over at my mom who had a frown planted on her face. 'Mom, you okay?' i asked.

My moms head shot up at my sudden question. 'Oh yes sweetheart.. there's just something i have to tell you.' She said in a slow tone to which made me a little worried.

I pulled out of my fathers embrace and walked towards her, quickly nodding my head.

'I won't be able to come on this trip with you, i have been offered a job at new york for a couple of weeks and i can't miss it for the world. I am so.. so sorry salish. i love you so much.' My mom said.

A part of me broke into pieces but i know how much my mom has been wanting this job.

'It's okay mama, i understand. I love you too!' What i said caused her to brightly smile, pulling me into another tight hug.

'I will call you and text you everyday!' My mom said.

'Same too mom!' I said, creeping out of her hug and sliding on my white converse.

'Okay, enough of the hugs and more traveling.' i said while giggling.

My dad laughed and grabbed his belongings and mine, watching me as i opened the front door and walked over to the car.

'Say say i need help, i need you to press that button.' He said.

As i jumped out of the car i walked over to the trunk and pressed the button so it could open. 'There.' i said. My dad threw our stuff inside the trunk and closed it.

I gently went inside the car, closing the door behind me. As my dad also hopped inside the drivers seat i bucked my seatbelt, pulling out of phone from inside my hoodie pouch.

'Alright, you ready to go little girl?' My dad asked.

'Yep.' i said, looking through the car window. My dad started the car and drove off from the house, as i looked behind me i saw my mom stood in the front doorway waving continuously at me, she stopped as soon as i waved back.

                                                                   _______