s e v e n t e e n

"Jieun, wake up"

I stirred awake once I felt someone shaking my shoulder. My eyes flutter open and I look around. I'm still in the hospital, and the rest of the boys and Dahyun are here too. They're either already awake or sleeping somewhere. I saw how Jisung fell asleep by the hospital bed and I thought it was adorable. I felt something shifting on my lap and looked down, only to find Hyunjin's head resting on my thighs while laying on his stomach. I was thinking about waking him up, but he looked too peaceful, so I let him be. His hair was all over his face, his lips slightly parted as his cheek was squished against my lap. I noticed how he kept moving his hair out of his face. It was probably annoying him, so I took my hair tie off my wrist and tied his hair back in a little ponytail, careful not to wake him up.

"Minho is awake," Felix said, smiling. I turned my head and saw him sitting up straight, his eyes half open with the boys surrounding him.

"Hyunjin, wake up" I shake him lightly. His eyes fluttered open, turning his head to face me. "Minho's awake"

"Really?" He said in a raspy voice, rubbing his eyes and sitting up. Once he got his head out my lap, I ran over to Minho, attacking him in a hug.

"YOU'RE ALIVE!"

"Idiot, my chest still hurts" He groaned and pulled me off of him, ruffling up my hair "I was told you were soooooo worried about me" He chuckled.

"Who was worried about you?" I scoff, sitting down next to Jisung.

"Oh save it, Dahyunnie already told me how much you were crying" He grinned. I shot Dahyun a death glare and she smiled sarcastically.

"Minho Hyung!" Jeongin, who was coming back from the bathroom, also ran up to Minho. "You're awake!"

"Nice observation, Sherlock, '' Minho said sarcastically. Seungmin smacked Changbin and Chan on the heads, and they both woke up as well.

"Yo dude you're awake!" They said in unison and joined the rest.

"Minho, did you see who caused the car crash?" Changbin asked.

"Hyori. I saw her face clearly. My car was parked, and it definitely wasn't accidental. Plus, she was driving way above the speed limit." Minho sighed, his tone turning serious. Anger burned through me again, but I suppressed it for now. I would deal with Hyori once my brother was completely okay.

The doctors had to run some basic tests and check-up stuff on Minho, so we all left the room. I wandered around the little flower garden outside the hospital, staring off into the pond. The sun was shining brightly, the light shimmering on the water. The weather was happy, but my mood was anything but that. I had suppressed my anger for the time being. All that mattered was that my brother was discharged from the hospital safe and sound.

"Whatcha doin' out here?" I heard a voice behind me. I spun around and saw Felix smiling, almost as brightly as the sun, and approaching me. At this point it isn't even my fault that I'm not able to get over him. Just look at this boy.

"Nothing, just wanted some fresh air" I replied, smiling back even though it was pretty fake. He walked beside me, that smile still present on his face.

"Are you okay?" He said in a soft voice. 

"Yeah," I sigh, taking in the breeze. "I wanna punch Hyori in the face."

"Who doesn't?" He chuckled. And then we both went silent, just walking side by side. I felt like I needed to have some sort of conversation going, so I kept talking for now.

"H-How are you and Hyoeun?" I ask, my tone going more neutral. 

"We're doing good!" His smile got wider, cheeks turning a rosy shade. I sigh, smiling lightly. He seems happy in his relationship, I'm just being stubborn. He's not mine, and I need to try and accept that. I'm not the type of girl who would go for a guy who's already in a relationship. 

"She has a bit of an accent, is she from England?" I ask, trying to make it seem like I wasn't as jealous as I actually was.

"Yep, her parents are Korean but she was born in England." He had this beaming smile on his face while talking about her, cheeks tinted red. "She actually- Hold up, my phone is ringing" He took his phone out of his pocket and walked somewhere else.

I watched him walk off, sighing as a frown formed on my face. I walked back inside the hospital and into Minho's room. Jisung and Hyunjin were still there, watching something on the movie with him on one of their phones.

"The rest went to get food, and Dahyunnie had to go home" Minho said, immediately shoving the phone to Jisung when I walked in.

"What were you guys watching?" I raised my brows, staring at them with skepticism. 

"Nothing" Jisung cleared his throat, quickly turning his phone off and shoving it in his pocket. They're terrible liars. I walked over and sat down on the empty stool next to Hyunjin.

"You feeling better?" I ask Minho.

"I was never hurt" He scoffed. "Let's watch a movie" He turned on the hospital movie, putting on the first channel he found.

"Just to be clear, I wasn't watching it, they were" Hyunjin whispered to me.

"I'm not blind, you know" I grin "You think I didn't notice you gawking at the screen?"

"...Shut up" He turned his gaze down, cheeks turning a shade of pink. "Moving on" He cleared his throat.

"Your hair color is fading" He said, running his fingers through my hair. The small gesture made me cheeks heat up slightly, but I was quick to brush it off. And he was right, my once deep purple hair was starting to fade.

"I have a hair appointment next week" I say. "Should I keep this color or change it?"

"The color is nice" He tilted his head. "You look pretty with it."

Though the words were a simple compliment, it made my heart beat go crazy. And this time, there wasn't any loud sounds in the background to cover it up, so he could probably hear it. I covered it up with a slight cough and turned to the TV. "W-What movie is this?"

"I don't know, whatever the hospital TV has" Jisung shrugged. 

"WE HAVE ARRIVED WITH THE GOODS!" The room door opened and in came the rest of the boys.

"Shut the fuck up, someone's going to think ya'll are dealing drugs in a hospital" Seungmin scoffed and sat down next to me. 

"They were watching porn in the hospital, though" I say blunty, taking my share of the food that Changbin handed me. 

"I-In the hospital?" Jeongin said and covered his ears, cheeks flushing a pink tint.

"Shut up" Minho glared at me. Hyunjin and Jisung looked around the room and avoided eye contact with the rest, hues of red appearing on their cheeks.