Chapter 1: street life isn't so bad.

I ran along a dirt road, nose up in the air. I don't know exactly know where I was going, but I didn't want to be noticed by humans. So far, so good!

I got back to the park and found my favourite tree. I sat on my haunchs and looked round. I hoped there was food. I was hungry. But wait, Niamh! You are trying to avoid humans! I lay down and curled up tight.

***

"Aww," came a gentle voice. "This puppy looks starving."

"Give it a bit of meat, maybe!" Came another voice.

"Yes, mummy!" Came the soft little child's voice.

I woke up and sat up. Then I whimpered. The child came up to me, her hand out for me to sniff. I did so, looking at her with cute puppy eyes.

"Aww," said the child.

"Bring it over," said her mother's voice.

I happily followed the girl and sat patiently. The mother giggled.

"Aww, a little puppy Husky!" She petted me. "Good girl! Want a treat?"

I tilted my head. My pink tongue hang out.

"I take that as a yes," said the human, gently feeding me something.

I let the flavour hit my tongue and smiled. I liked this. Tasted like chicken. But not gone off chicken like I got from raiding a bin. Then the human put a bowl in front of me. Then she poured water into it.

"You look thirsty, young pup!" She smiled. "Drink away."

I lowered my head and started drinking. Wow. It felt good. I swished my tail and lapped at the water.

"We better start going," said the human to her child.

"But what about the dog?" The child looked at me.

"It's happy here," said the mother. "I'm sure she'll be okay. We will come and feed her every day!"

I looked up and pushed the bowl to the mother, then barked.

"She says thank you," said the mother.

I shook myself and turned tail. I felt a bit better now. The mother and the child left the park and waved at me. I barked to say thank you for the food and drink!

***

I felt alone. Maybe I should be in a home. But I felt free here. I could run round, chasing rabbits and getting my own food. But how I miss kibble and water, too!

I sighed as I lay under a climbing frame. It was raining and I had no other shelter. I heard a pattering of paws and a bark. I could smell another dog! I got to my paws and slowly walked out.

"Hello?" I called out in a bark.

I sat down. Then this brown dog came over, her head down. She sniffed the air and came closer to me. Then she sniffed my but. I did the same..

"I'm Niamh," I barked.

The other dog sat and smiled.

"I'm Pixie," she barked. "I only just got chucked out of my home because of my breed."

"Er ... Pitbull?" I asked.

Pixie whimpered, looking ashamed. I walked closer to my new friend and nuzzled her.

"Come in here," I suggested to the larger dog. "It's warm ish!"

Pixie nodded and I showed her inside.

————

A/N:

Here is chapter 1. Hope you liked it.

Now don't go on about how Pitbulls are banned. If anything, it's the humans that made them get banned.