Chapter 2: Sharing stories.

Pixie and I lay there as the rain poured down. The pitbulll looked at me.

"So," she said in interest. "What's a young Husky pup doing here and alone?"

"Er ... where to begin?" I felt my leg where Eric kicked me twinge with pain. "I guess it all started when I lived with my owners Eric and Matilda."

Pixie smiled. "Okay! So who were they?"

"Evil humans!" I replied, slightly shaking..

Pixie put a comforting paw round me. "You don't have to say much if you don't want to."

"I might as well carry on," I said.

"Okay, then," said Pixie looking at me.

"Matilda liked me," I admitted. "It was Eric that didn't. Especially when I was about four months."

"Aww," Pixie looked sad.

"Yeah," I said. "I started to be vocal round the house. And started to chew things. Matilda thought that was cute. Eric, however hated it."

Pixie gasped. "What did he do?"

I stared at her. "He would lash out at me."

"Is that why you have a dent in your leg?" Pixie nuzzled the painful leg.

I nodded. "He did that when they chucked me out."

"How awful," Pixie whispered.

"I know, right?" I asked. "But it didn't bother me that much! Well, until now!"

"But that must hurt you," said Pixie with concern.

I nodded. Then stared at her.

"So," I said. "What brings a young Pitty on the streets?"

"Similar situation to you, Niamh!" Sighed Pixie. "But it is to do with my breed more than what I did!"

"Oh," I said.

"My owners did love me, I guess," sighed Pixie lying down. "But it was the landlord that told them to get rid of me."

"Wow," I said, my eyes looking like saucers. "So they chucked you out?"

"I guess so," sighed my friend.

"I'm sorry," I nuzzled up to her.

"Oh, it's not your fault," said Pixie.

"Well, you and I can be sisters," I said.

"Of course," said Pixie. "We will stick together and protect each other."

"That sounds good to me." I smiled and wagged my tail.
Pixie put a paw on mine and shook it. "Sisters, forever!"

***

It was the next morning. I got up and looked at the sleeping pitbull. She looked peaceful.

"Pixie?" I whimpered. "Breakfast?"

The pitbull woke up and stretched. She was a little bigger than I was.

"Where do you go for breakfast?" She asked.

"Find the nears bin!" I admitted.

"Okay," said Pixie with a smile.

We got out from under the climbing frame and trotted side by side to the gate.

"Wait," I said stopping suddenly.

Pixie did the same. "What is it?"

"Here that whimpering?" I asked.

Pixie's ears pricked up. "Yes I can."

"Sounds like another dog needing our help," I said. "Come on!"

We bounded out the gate, me managing to open it with a paw.

"Hello?" I called out.

A tiny little pup came up to us. He looked so scared and frightened. I instantly felt my heart beat very fast.

—————

A/N:

Hmmmmm ... what an ending to the chapter.

You will find out who it is in the next chapter.

Hoped you liked the chapter and the story so far!

Wolfie out!