003; lock

chapter three !LOCK

chapter three !
LOCK

 TO SAY THE drive to the Cole's house was awkward would be the understatement of the year. Isiah drove, as usual, and Katia sat in the passenger seat, as usual, but nothing else was usual about the situation. Occasionally, Isiah would glance over at the girl, only to look away and back at the road when he saw she was staring out the window.

The silence was awkward, but the silence was a lot less awkward than talking.

"What time is it?" Isiah asked suddenly as they got closer to their destination.

"7:21," Katia said, still not looking at him.

"Cool."

They sat in more awkward silence before she decided to say something.

"So-"

"We don't have to talk about it," Isiah cut her off, keeping his eyes trained on the road. "Ever."

Katia nodded, crossing her arms over her chest and sinking into her seat. It was strange, because in the many years they'd been best friends, they had never walked in on each other naked. Sure, she'd seen him shirtless plenty of times since they spent most of their childhood summers on the beach, and he'd taken photos of her in the skimpiest bikinis for Instagram but this was different. 

This was him, completely and totally naked, and her, walking in.

He glanced over at her again and saw the way she was practically cowering in her seat. The car came to a stop in front of a red light. He sighed and gently reached over and placed his hand on her knee, rubbing his thumb against her leg. She leaned back and looked up at him, a small smile making its way onto her face. He smiled back, leaning over and kissing her on the corner of her lips, something he did regularly.

"We don't need to make it weird," he said softly, giving her thigh a comforting squeeze.

"Okay," she whispered, reaching up and placing her hand on his cheek, running her fingers over the slight stubble that had grown despite the shaving rule enforced by the team.

"But, I'm putting a lock on my door," he added, earning a laugh from the girl.

"You know what, I think I agree with that," she chuckled, sitting back.

He laughed with her, taking her hand off his face and entwining their fingers, kissing the ring he gave her the summer she turned 21, the one that matched the chain around his neck. He hadn't meant it to be romantic, he just thought it would be nice for them to have something that represented their friendship, and he also knew she would lose the thing if it wasn't on her finger. Everyone thought it was an engagement ring, which they both thought was stupid, considering they never had any sort of romantic relationship. They both ignored the comments people would make, though. And in the 7 years she had the ring, she'd only taken it off when playing volleyball, and she had always put it back on the moment she was done.

The light turned green again and they were off.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

note from lottie,

certified-l0vebot- HERE

idk why u like this stupid book sm but UR WELCOME

and ik this was short but there will be more soon pinky promise (maybe)

anywaysss, hope u enjoyed!

comment and vote!

love ya,

- lottie.

published: 4/5/24

GLUE SONG, katiaswife▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬© All Rights Reserved

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
© All Rights Reserved