Third Chapter Teaser - Estria

The wind was particularly cold with this gust, my bangs going back into my eyes for the millionth time today.

"I really need to get my haircut again." I muttered to myself.

My phone buzzed with a notification from my messages, fingers quick to enter my passcode and check who it was from and what it said.

"Just a spam number." I complained, tone hushed to not disturb or concern the people around me.

I put my phone back into my sweater pocket, the weight adding a noticeable sag on the side, my steps making it sway with more force than the rest of the sweater. My feet hit the ground with louder thumps than before because of the concrete, compared to the previous soft, wood floors of Kyria's dorm room.

My brain filled with excitement and anticipation as I neared my destination, the little cafe down the block, another gust of wind knocked me out my thoughts yet again, followed by a harsh shiver.

I looked upon the mass of people who were also on the walkway, probably going to classes or places to study, or coming from those. The crowd forced me to weave in between bodies to avoid a collision, any issues would just be downright embarrassing.

Through the massive waves of people, I saw a familiar face. A tuft of brown-blond hair on a head connected to a fit body.

"Sebby?" I used the nickname from high school that I gave to the mound of man that was a few meters away from me.

"Oh, hi, Estria. Been a hot second." Sebastiano said with a toothy smile, his eyes closing for a moment when his grin reached its peak.