01

THE ICE BURNS the tip of my fingers as I finish building the somewhat man of snow?

Inhale.

I close my eyes lifting my arms up feeling the energy flow through my body .

Exhale.

In a swift movement the once water turns to ice as it punctures the snow figure straight where its heart would be , the icicle poking from both sides.

" Faye!" I hear from behind me startled I turn the snow figure into water, I turn to see it's just my sister a breath of relief leaving my lips.

" how many times do I have to tell you not to use your gift for such violent acts" she exclaims her eyebrows scrunching.

" what if something happens and I need to protect us" I try reason.

" nothing will happen to us , don't think so negatively " she replies. " master pakku told you to stop you should respect your elders rules. " she says trying to reason.

" his rules are sexist and you know it !" I argue back.

She just sighs, " perhaps your right but could you at least try make it a little less obvious, it's my birthday tomorrow and I don't want you to get in trouble" her face more relaxed.

" fine , princess yue" I tease knowing she doesn't like being called that by me.

She lightly shoves me as we start walking, " you know you're just as much of a princess as me right?" She states the obvious.

" duh, just because im your little sister doesn't mean im any less royal then you" I say smiling , " good " yue replies.

She always taught me not to think down of myself I think it's because she had no one to tell her that , growing up looking so different from everyone else can take a toll on your self esteem , having weird or how yue would say it 'unique' hair really makes you stand out, but from both of us having it , people could consider it as a royal thing.

" so what do you have planned for your birthday tomorrow?" I ask yue while on our daily boat ride.

" oh you know just whatever mother and father plan" she replies.

I look at her dumbfounded, " seriously , it's your 16 birthday and all you wanna do is have a small speech and have dinner In front of everyone, come on there's gotta be something you wanna do for yourself " I say touching the water from the river with the tips of my finger.

" Faye" I hear my sister threaten.

" what I wasn't gonna do anything " I say in my defence taking my fingers out the water.

" right" she says skeptically , " you have your eyes on any boys?" She asks completely avoiding my question .

" no , every guy here keeps trying to show off their waterbending , like I can do the same and even better it really isn't impressive, at least I can practice off them " I say resting into the boat.

" I'm sure you'll find someone who'll impress you one day" yue says, " that'll never happen especially with the guys here." I say brushing it off.

" how are you and hahn?" I ask, her face falters for a second.

" same old same old, sometimes it kind of just feels like he's using me to his own advantage " yue expresses looking down.