6. "Denial"

" Jo barse sapne boond boond
Naino ko mund mund.
Kaise main chalu dekh na sakun.
Anjaane raaste
Goonja sa hai koi iktara iktara"

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

"KYAAA HAAN BOL DIYA? MAZAK HO RHA HAI? MERI MARZI? MERA OPINION? MERI ZINDAGI? AAPLOG TOH NA BOLNE GYE THE NA?" Aaruhi shouted after listening to her parents.
("WHAT YOU SAID YES? ARE YOU KIDDING? WHAT ABOUT MY CONSENT? MY OPINION? MY LIFE? YOU GUYS WENT TO SAY NO RIGHT?")

"Calm down beta, you know we won't take bad decision for you right" Aaruhi's dad said holding her hand.

"Yes this is such a good decision right?"....... "Dad, I'm still studying," Aaruhi said in a low tone.

"No one is stopping you from studying. They said you can study as much as you want, they have no problem." Aaruhi's mom said, looking at her with a hopeful expression.

"Baat mat karo mujhse aaplog" Aaruhi said running upstairs.
("Don't talk to me")

Aaruhi's mom turned towards nidhi and said, "Beta aap jake usse baat kar lo na"
("Beta you go and talk to her")

Nidhi nodded and went towards Aaruhi's room.

Aaruhi's Pov

After locking the door, I settled onto the bed and switched on the TV, wiping away my tears. Suddenly, a knock echoed at the room's door, and I instantly recognized who it was.

I opened the door and my teary gaze met with her eye, It was nidhi.

"Why are you crying Dumbo?" She said entering the room. "Mujhe shadi nhi karniii" I said crying like a baby.
("I don't wanna get married")

"Haan toh teri marzi ke bina thodi kara denge aaru or yeh tv kyu chal rha hai?" She said looking towards the tv which was turned on by now.

"Jab we met dekhne ke liye kholi hu" I said sniffing. "Itne serious moment per movie" She said, controlling her laugh.

"Haan toh jab we met meri comfort movie hai or tu jaaa yahan se" I said, pushing her out of my room.
("Yes.. Jab we met is my comfort movie and your get out of here")

🌻

After finishing the movie, a sense of refreshment enveloped me. I reclined on my bed, having just taken a cold shower, yet the thoughts swirling in my mind persisted. Contemplations of marriage, shouldering immense responsibility, and departing from my family, my home, occupied my thoughts relentlessly.

Gazing up at the ceiling in the dimness, I resolved to confide in Aahan about my inner turmoil. While my mom, dad, cousins, and Shivi are all dear to me, Aahan holds a distinct place in my heart. He's the one person with whom I can freely share my deepest emotions.

Unbiased and ever-supportive, Aahan stands as a pillar of strength. Despite his occasional playful demeanor, I've come to recognize his profound maturity, making him one of the wisest individuals I've encountered.

Our connection deepens with each passing day, month, and year. He embodies the essence of a protective older brother, yet in the guise of a best friend. With Aahan by my side, I've never felt lacking in a fraternal figure.

"Aaj ki taaza khabar?" Aahan said as he picked up the phone.
("Today's breaking news?)

I explained everything to him, and he listened very carefully, but he didn't utter a word. I kept talking and talking about my feelings, but he didn't reply.

After receiving no reply from him, I asked, "Are you even listening?"

"Rui," he finally spoke. "Hmm," I responded.