Retribution and Judgement

It had been a few months since Anton's reckless stunt. Money was spent heavily on the big engine's repairs, and some of the passengers have refused to ride trains due to it. However, June came, and many Holidaymakers from Spain flock to France to spend their vacation.

   Once Anton was finally repaired, he was greeted by Monsieur Pierre, who gave him his first task laden with restrictions.
   "Good morning, Anton." Monsieur Pierre greeted.
   "Good morning, sir." Anton answered sadly.
   "Now, I know what you're thinking, but I still could not get over this reckless stunt that you did months ago. We've lost a lot of passengers due to this, but at least we're getting some due to this year's summer holiday. But still, you are demoted to Goods work because of this."
   "I know sir."
   "You are to pull a Goods Train bound for Spain from Bordeaux to Irun. Also, you are restricted to travel speeds of up to 70 Kilometers per hour."
   "What?!" Anton gasped. "But I will be late if I travel slowly."
   "No questions. I don't want another reckless stunt on this railway." Monsieur Pierre said sternly. "Now go, and get your job finished!"
   Anton's retribution got the best of him, and he was restricted to travel at a specific speed.

   At the Sheds near Bordeaux, all the other engines woke up to the sound of Secretary Millie waking them up. She has written orders from Monsieur Pierre to give out to the Engines.
   "Good morning everyone." Millie said, as the engines began to wake up.
   "Really? At this time of day? Can't I need a rest?" Jean Bart yawned.
   "It's a very busy day, guys... Just wake up." Virginie said.
   "Indeed it is, my dear engines. It is June, and that means that many people from all over Europe come to visit France for the summer holiday. Monsieur Pierre will be placing some of you on the hardest jobs - that being Passenger Service."
   "How is that hard when we are losing Passengers?" Marie mentioned.
   "We're slowly gaining passengers due to foreign tourists, so we're getting more money from all of them." Millie said, then turned to Virginie. "Virginie. I shall place you on Express Duties. You are to pull Anton's express from Bordeaux to Irun. It will be a long and arduous journey for you, so you better do your hardest."
   "Do I really have to? What if I arrive late?" Virginie said, venting her troubles.
   "No pressure, Virginie. No pressure." Millie comforted. "Just do your best, that is all."
   Virginie would keep those words in her mind, but she still felt nervous about pulling Anton's train.

   Virginie could not go as fast as him, but she will try her best to do it.
   When she arrived at Bordeaux Station, there was Georges - who was backing down to his coaches at the second platform. Marie was just pulling the express to Platform One, and there were many tourists bound for Spain.
   "Bonjour Virginie, feeling nervous?" Georges said.
   "Yes. I am nervous."
   "Don't be. Just do your best, Virginie."
   Virginie then had to repeat the same words over and over in her mind.
   Just as the Express was backing down on Platform One, Marie saw Virginie and decided to greet her.
   "Hello Virginie!"
   "Ahh! Marie, it's you."
   Her train of thought suddenly disappeared.
   "Excited to pull the express?" Marie said.
   "No, not really." Virginie replied. "It's my first time to pull the Express, and I'm sort of scared that I might perform poorly compared to Anton; he pulls it very well and would always arrive on schedule."
   "You can do it, Virginie. I know you can."
   Marie stopped just before the buffers and was uncoupled from the express. Virginie now rolled over the crossings and reversed into the Express. She was then coupled up and waited for all of the passengers to get to their seats. Virginie's driver motivated her.
   "You can do this, Virginie. I know you can."
   "Thank you." She replied nervously.

   Just when the last passenger entered the train, the last pieces of baggage stored, and the doors banged shut; the guard blew his whistle and waved his green flag. Virginie was now ready to leave the station.
   Her driver pulled the throttle and she went off with a slow start.
   "Come on! Come on!" Virginie panted, as she turned her wheels. "Allons-y! Allons-y!"
   Virginie slipped her wheels for a few moments, until she left the station in a gradual pace. Georges left the station next.