𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

if I am being completely real I am so mentally exhausted like genuinely I just want all this to be over

on another note I'm sorry for the late update and be sure to comment for motivation!

.

.

PAST

"I MISSED YOU."

"I'm sorry," Y/n murmured softly, "it took longer this time to sneak out of the house. My father and mother..." He paused, trying to search for the right words. How could he explain the scathing words tossed around them, promising threats and death? Y/n wondered if they had even felt love towards each other once. "...they are fighting," he said at last.

There. That was the easiest explanation he could offer.

Andrei softened. His pallor was still relatively pale from the sickness he had survived, his limbs still frail and thin. His beauty then was more fragile, more delicate. Like a doll. Y/n found himself admiring him on several occasions, watching as the sun kissed his skin and when the wind caressed his cheeks. It was sight he longed to commit to memory, and so he did.

"You didn't come for two weeks," Andrei swallowed a lump down his throat, ignoring the swirl of unease boiling up in his stomach. "I thought you had—"

"I'm sorry," Y/n repeated, shaking his head. "When Father is mad at Mother, he wants more control on the house to feed his ego. And controlling every action I do flays his lack of control little by little. He kept such a tight vigilance on me, that I just couldn't leave the house."

How long had they been meeting? For a year, maybe. They were now twelve. Actually, Y/n didn't know any longer. With Andrei, the months and seconds bled into one another and blended into an indistinguishable mess. They could have still been eleven, or they could have freshly turned thirteen—

It didn't matter, for time seemed to stretch around them. Yet when Y/n blinked, everything seemed to pass too fast.

In the time Y/n had been helping Andrei, his health had increased immensely. Andrei already had an upper hand against his brother: he was intelligent. Frighteningly so. In the time he had been bedridden and blind, Y/n had read to him, basic novels, simple classics. And it amazed Y/n to see how quickly he learnt and drank every piece of information in.

Andrei had allowed him to open his blindfold—the wound on his eye had mellowed a great deal. Andrei could see, bits and bits. Y/n couldn't forget the reaction that he had when Andrei saw him for the first time—a soft, amazed smile that bloomed on his expression.

.

.

"Your eyes are so green," Y/n's eyes widened. "Like—I don't know. Forest-green. Or maybe even emeralds. It's really pretty."