CHAPTER 1

~ BRIDGET ~

"The decision has already been made, it's something that will benefit our business and theirs so can't you just grow up and help our family's business" My fathers stern and almost robotic voice speaks as my whole family sits around the dining table

"I don't give a fuck about this business and you know that very well father" I say closing my eyes, trying to hold in the tears that's ready to spill.

Don't fall apart in front of them.

"This business will be yours someday whether you like it or not. You were born for this Bridget, you were born to take over after me and to do that, you need a partner by your side" He says sternly with his dry hands clenched into balls.

"William and James are perfectly fine taking over the business, so why do I have to be the one to take over?" I question while looking for a reaction from my brothers or my mom but they just stare down at their hands

"Because I decided that the moment you were born, end of discussion" his eyes bore into mine with so much anger that I have to look away.
"I know you believe I have made this decision just to ruin your life but i did this for you"
The words that just left his lips almost makes me laugh. I did this for you my ass.

"I can't fucking believe you. I can't believe any of you, why aren't you guys saying anything?" I say as I direct my gaze at the newly mute people who has just been sitting in silence for the entire evening

"Father is right, Bridget" James says with a quiet voice. I feel my face turn red in anger as I move my gaze from James to William instead. My big brother who is supposed to protect me and stand up for me, but is instead sitting in silence, watching his only sister get married off to some psychopath.

"The Morelli family will be here in three days, this is going to benefit both of our businesses.
The man you are to marry is a good man, i assure you" My father speaks while raising from his seat which results in everyone doing the same.

"Mama please. You can't let him do this to me, I'm your daughter. Can you at least look at me?" I plead, not caring about covering the sadness in my voice that has already been revealed.

"I think it's time for bed" My mother whispers with a small smile, acting like nothing is happening. Acting like I'm not being forced to marry a man I've never met.

I watch as the four people I used to call my family walk out of the large dining room with a single tear falling down my cheek. I brush it away immediately, not wanting anyone to see.
Don't let them see you weak.

~~~

This chapter is a bit short just to start the whole plot <3

~ Sofie