CHAPTER 2

~ BRIDGET ~

For the past three days I have been doing the exact same things. I've started a kind of routine.

I start the day with calling Bianca, my best friend, in tears after having a nightmare or panic attack over the fact that I'm getting married in a few weeks. Then at lunch time one of our maids come up with some food since I don't want to risk seeing anyone in my family.

After lunch I sneak Bianca inside my room through my window and we spend the rest of the day in silence, watching movies.

Although today the routines have come to a stop since Bianca is away for some work trip or what she called it. She was kind of rushed when she told me so I didn't really get much information.

Today is the day I meet my soon to be husband.
We're having dinner at our house to introduce ourselves and plan our first appearance in the public as a couple.

It's not enough that I have to live with this strange man for my entire life but I also have to act all couple goals when we are out in the open.

My mother actually spoke to me this morning when she came to my room. Although the only thing she had to say was that I needed to look presentable once the Morelli family arrive.

I have no idea what has been happening since father told me the news about the marriage. Before that, my mother and brother at least talked to me. My father didn't, but that has never bothered me anyway.

But it's different when it comes to my mother. She is the person that taught me everything about being a woman and being independent but now she's okay with me being married off without my consent.

I just want my mommy back.

***

It's time.

My hands won't stop shaking while I try to do my makeup for the evening. I don't understand people who hate wearing and doing makeup.
It's like my safe space, sitting alone and just improvising with the makeup brushes.

It gives me peace.

Although it won't give me peace in this situation. Our maid came up with the dress my mother had picked up for me that I'm wearing tonight.
Usually she comes up with the dress herself but I guess that time has passed. I'm on my own now

I look at myself in the mirror as I admire the beautiful dress my mother had picked out. I have to say that my mother has always had a good taste in clothes. That's why I always trusted her with dresses whenever it was galas or events.

After taking a last look in the mirror I feel somewhat satisfied with my appearance and make my way downstairs. My hands won't stop shaking, which results in my just clenching them into balls.

"Finally you chose to arrive, they'll be here any minute now. And can you please behave like your somewhat normal tonight?" my father snarls the second he sees me coming down the stairs.

"Love you too dad" I give him a sarcastic smile but he just ignores me and walks up to my mother, wrapping an arm around her waist.

When I was a child, my dream was to fall in love with someone the way that my parents fell in love. It wasn't until I was fourteen that I learned that their marriage was arranged. No love involved.

I guess that's when I stopped believing in love so much. I loved all the stories my mother used to tell me about how they met and fell In love, but it was all fake.

My thoughts get cut off by the sound of a knock coming from the large doors. A maid opens the door which reveals the whole Morelli family.
First the parents enter, Alejandro and Emma. They are an adorable couple, I have a feeling that their relationship is built of love and not an arrangement

The next people that enter is a little girl holding a woman, probably my age, hand. I suppose that is the daughters. Lastly two men step inside.
Confusion hits me as I recall searching them up and reading that there's only one son. So I guess one of the men is a family friend or something like that.

I watch as my parents greet the Morelli's while me and my brothers just stand patiently watching. Alejandro and Emma makes their way over to us with warm smiles after greeting my parents

"I guess the lovely woman here is the future wife to my son" Emma greets me with a hug which calms me down a bit.

"Oh don't worry sweetie, he isn't so bad to live with" She adds with a laugh that brings a smile onto my lips

I introduce myself to Emma and Alejandro and then make my way towards the two daughters.
"Hello, I'm Bridget" I smile at them both, bending down to greet the little one

"I'm Azalea" She says with a shy smile.

A big smile makes its way to my lips as I stand to greet the other daughter, the one that's my age.
"I'm Arabella, I've heard loads about you" She says with an excited smile.

We're going to be friends. I know it

"Well I hope it wasn't loads of crap" I laugh which causes her to laugh as well. Then we just stand and talk a little about our life's and the things we enjoy to do and stuff.

"Bridget don't be rude, say hello to the other guests" My father calls for me from the other side of the room which results in me giving Arabella an apologetic look before making my way to my father and the two men I have yet to known

"Hello I apologise for being rude, I'm Bridget" I try my best to give them a genuine smile but my father's presence makes it a bit hard

"No problem love, I'm Manuel Salvatore, the cousin" He smiles brightly at me. Manuel has got dirty blond hair that really matches his light brown eyes. The smile makes small dimples appear as he reaches out his hand for me to shake

I take it gracefully before letting go and giving the other man all my attention and- oh my what a beautiful creature that man is.

"Elio Morelli" The deep voice almost puts me in a trance as I take his hand that he gently offers. I stare into his gorgeous eyes as he does mine. We let go of each others hands after hearing a small cough from his side

"Your soon to be husband" Manuel winks at me with a smirk which makes me take a look at Elio once again, only to be met by his stormy eyes already looking at me.

"Well it's nice to meet you Elio" I smile before excusing myself and making my way towards the dining room where everyone has started to sit down.

Here we go.

~~~