22 | 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃

'The greatest wealth is to live content with little.'

chapter twenty two
compromised

The next day, as the sun was setting, Alicia caught up to Lisa in a school corridor.

"Hello, Lisa, what must you be doing on this fine evening?" Alicia asked with a smile as she walked alongside Lisa.

"I'm just majorly worried." She responded. "We all are, in fact."

"For what?"

"Hagrid." Lisa exclaimed. "He came back and tomorrow is his lesson, and we all know that pink— I mean, Professor Umbridge will come to inspect his teaching."

"What's the problem if he's good enough?"

"That's the problem!" Lisa made a guilty face. "Hagrid uses, well, I hate to say it, some harmful creatures for showing us. Umbridge, with all that non-wand stuff goin' on, will definitely put that against him. And then try to throw him out! Which won't happen, I know that. But still. . ."

"He should use some tame creature for tomorrow's class then. . .?"

"Hermione will try to convince him. But I know he won't agree." Lisa sighed dejectedly. "And I know thestrals are not dangerous, but the ministry of magic classifies them as dangerous. Umbridge is gonna use that against him."

"He won't be expelled, right? You know that. So don't worry too much."

"I know he won't be expelled. But Umbridge is crude. She's going to bully him."

"Oh. . ." Alicia winced. "Umbridge is definitely cruel."

"And don't even get me started on Malfoy!" Lisa exclaimed, groaning in exasperation. "Back there literally everyone, everyone adores that blondie. But he's such a git! Ugh, I'm so frustrated!"

"What did he do?" Alicia raised an amused brow at her.

"That song! 'Weasley is Our King'. He created that, and he's got ridiculous verses in it all to just bully Ron." She huffed angrily. "Ron is the Keeper in our Quidditch team. And to drop his morale they sing in every time whenever there is a Gryffindor versus Slytherin match. That's so cruel."

"Well," Alicia sighed, "what can I say, bullies will be bullies. How's Ron holding up? He isn't lettin' that get to him, right? "

Lisa made an awkward face. "Yes, he is. But he has his friends and we know that he's a wonderful Keeper."

"That's good then."

"Yeah." Lisa nodded. "Y'know, I met Steve."

"Uh, Steve. . .?" Alicia looked at her in confusion.