6.

[6]

- M A L I N A -

- M A L I N A -

My eyes shoot open when a large weight is thrown on me. I look to see it's Wyatt "oh good, you're awake" he smiles. I glare at him "you literally just flopped on me, of course I'm gonna wake up".

I squint my eyes as he opens the curtains.

"No" I groan and cover myself with the blanket to hide the sun. I see his shadow slightly and then immediately feel a familiar weight land on me.

This time I shove him off and sit up. I glare at him "I hate you" I mumble. He smiles at me "sure you do".

He grips my shoulders and hoists me up before shoving me into the bathroom "now now get dressed and cleaned and let's start the day". I roll my eyes.

Wyatt's always been a morning person, I don't how this boy has all this energy. He's like a high version of Ryan from Barbie life in a dream house. Yes I know that show, I may have been a street kid but I wasn't a total uneducated fool.

Anyway, I do my daily routine and when I walk out Wyatt is sitting on the spinning chair rocking his legs back and forth. He looked up and looked satisfied when he saw me. He then walked over "alright, let's go down and face your family". I smile slightly as we start walking towards the stairs.

As we get downstairs I hear multiple voices talking.
I see Dominic sat at the table eating breakfast, Marcos cooking something on the stove, Leo's stood up leaning against the counter eating a piece of toast while scrolling on his phone and Matteo and Carlos are sat on the couch in the living room watching tv.

Dominic notices us "Malina, Wyatt. How did you both sleep?" He asks with a smile. "We slept great" I reply.
"That's good, come have some breakfast".

I sit down as does Wyatt and Marco places a plate of toast and pancakes along with a bowl of cut up fruits in a separate plate. We dig in and practically devour the fruits. I like fruit, it's sweet and plus it was the most common food me and Wyatt could get our hands on when we lived on the streets.

"So, I wanted to tell you both that today I was thinking you both could go shopping with the boys" he tells us. Me and Wyatt glance at each other before putting our focus back on Dominic. "Why?" I question.

"You didn't exactly come here with much" I raise my eyebrows. He's not wrong, we came here with basically nothing. "We can't" I refuse. He looks confused "why?".

"We don't have any money" i respond. He smiles pitifully. "listen to me. My money is just as much yours as it is mine". I shake my head "it's not, it's yours. I don't wanna have to owe you anything in the future". He looks slightly angry "Malina, you are my daughter you will never have to owe me anything".

I glance away from my food and look at him before sighing "fine". He smiles at that "great, you will be leaving on 20 minutes".

I hear a groan "do all of us have to go?" Carlos huffs. Dominic sends him a harsh look "yes you all have to" he ends the argument.

Here we go.

•~•

We're currently in the car. I'm sat at the back with Wyatt, Matteo and Marco are sitting in the middle, Carlos is in the passenger seat and Leo's driving.

We pulled into a parking lot and Leo parked the car. We all hopped out.

The mall was huge. When I had my mom we never had many big shopping centres around where we lived, it was mostly small stores and shops.

"So shall we go?" Marco speaks up. We all walk towards the double doors.

It was insanely crowded.

"Where do first?" I hear Matteo ask. I shrug "I don't know, I've never been to a mall before". Matteo jaw drops dramatically before recovering with a smile. "I guess we gotta go everywhere then".

Matteo skips, I repeat SKIPS towards a large store with clearly expensive looking clothes.

We split up and I see a few nice things but I check the prices to them so it's not too high.

I swear, clothes are so cute until you see the price.

I see a soft grey top with loose sleeves and a zip from the top to the chest. I checked the price and it was $58. $58 for this?.

I feel a presence behind me and then someone clears their throat. I jump slightly at the sudden noise and turn to see who it is. It was Carlos.

"You want that?" He questions disgusted. I shrug "it was cute until I saw how expensive it was" I mumbled the last part. "It's looks horrible" he tells me, I raise my mouth into a sarcastic smile "what else would I expect from you?". With that I walk away.

We leave the store with 3 bags full of clothes for me a Wyatt.

We soon find ourselves outside Victoria secret. I turn to the boys and Matteo looks a bit pale and nervous whereas the rest look uncomfortable. I roll my eyes "I'll go in you guys wait out here" I tell them. They sigh in relief.

I walk in a store worker sees me "hi honey, need any help?" She questions kindly. I nod "yes please I'm looking for some underwear and bras" I reply.

"Alright, do you know your size by any chance?" She asks. "Not really" I frown. She lets out a small laugh "no problem girl, we can just measure you. Follow me"

25 minutes later...

"Thank you so much" I thank the girl. "No problem, thank you for shopping" i say bye to her and walk out.

The boys were leaning against the wall on their phones and Matteo and Wyatt were talking with two hot chocolates in their hands.

I clear my throat and their heads snap to me. Leo puts his phone away "are you done?" He questions. I nod "yeah I'm finished".

Wyatt walks over and hands me a hot chocolate. "Thanks" I murmur. He pats my head with a smile and scowl at him. Matteo laughs at us and walks beside Wyatt whereas the older boys walk behind us.

We walk towards the car and soon we're on our way to the house.

•~•

The boys drop my bags into mine and Wyatt's room and we start to go through them. Something catches my eye as I tip the clothes out.

The grey shirt?

"I never brought this" I tell Wyatt. He looks up and sees the shirt, "oh, Carlos had that. I saw him pay for it and put it in one of the bags". He tells me.

Well, would you look at that.

Maybe that boy is capable at being nice.

•~•

So that's chapter six.
I hope you enjoyed it and comment some ideas.
Thank you for reading.
See you soon my loves