The Bet and The Babies 😺

Spelling errors ❀
----------

Red sat up in her bed on Monday morning, April 1st. She rubbed her eyes of sleepiness and got off her bed and opened the curtains. It was an overcast day.

Red stretched and then, with much excitement, remembered the ✨candy✨ she had gotten on Easter the day before. She jumped and ran downstairs.

Blue was awake and was sitting in the living room.

"Good morning Red!" He waved at her when she looked in, "cereal for breakfast today. I'm not in mood to bake or cook."

"What if I eat candy instead?"
Red joked. Blue raised an eyebrow.

"Unhealthy much."

"That's my middle name!"
Red winked and then walked into the kitchen. She picked up a chocolate and unwrapped it and then walked outside. She sat down on the steps and ate the chocolate and looked around.

She gasped.
"Misty!"
She suddenly remembered and hopped off the steps and ran to the birthing area were Misty was. Red slowed and quietly approached.

Misty was laid out and 3 little kittens lay by her stomach nursing.

Red gasped quietly and admired the babies. They were all grey, like there momma, and stripy.

Red gently pet Misty, then turned and ran back to the house and waited for TSC to wake up so she could win the bet.

-----------

By 10:14, TSC was awake and dressed for the day. Red snuck up on him while he was sitting in the kitchen.

She approached him quietly from behind and then tapped his right shoulder. She moved to the left when he looked over and then tapped his left shoulder and repeated until he got mad and told her to stop.

Red laughed and bounced to the opposite side of the table.

"I won!"
She cheered. TSC blinked at her.

"Won... What?"

"The bet! Misty had her kittens!!"
Red squealed. TSC's face brightened.

"3 kittens?"
He asked. Red nodded vigorously and TSC laughed.

"Alright fine, you can have a piece of my candy. What do the kitties look like?"

"Striped and grey. They're so cute!"

"Can we pet them?"

"NO! We can't touch them till there eyes are open, so about 2-ish weeks I think."

"Gosh."
TSC said disappointed, "I bet they're so fluffy."

Red nodded dreamily.
"You should come and see them."

"Yes please!"
TSC said happily.

They walked outside and Red showed him the kittens and he fell in love with them immediately.

"Oh my goshhh they're adorable!!!"
He said in awe.

"I know, right?!"
Red said enthusiastically.

"By the way, if you want, you can have some of my candy. I don't really care. "
TSC said to Red, whose eyes then began to glitter even more.

"Yes please! And thank you. "
Red turned quickly and ran inside.

"Don't take all of it!!"
TSC yelled after her.

-----

Red bust into the kitchen and pulled out TSC's stash of candy and started sorting out the stuff she wanted.

"Girl, I think you have enough candy. "
Yellow said, standing in the entry to the kitchen. Red looked up at her.

"Sec told me to take some."

"I'm going to hit that guy for letting you have so much candy. "
Yellow joked. Red sighed, disappointed.

"Fine I'll put some back. "
She said as she picked up a handful and placed it back in his pile, then she stood up.

"Happy Easter and April Fools, Yellow!"
She smiled. Yellow smiled back.

"Misty have kittens?"
She asked. Red nodded.

Yellow looked excited and said she was going to go take a look at them, then she left.

Red bounced up to her room, candy in hand, and placed it on her dresser. It had been such a good weekend end!

"This week will be amazing! "
Red murmured excitedly, "HAPPY EASTER!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hillo!!
My real cat had her babies too!

Her name is Misty. She has three babies and they are all striped and grey. They're very cute 🥰.

I think they're all boys... Personal I think we need more girl cats, but either way, kitten are adorable.

Anyway, sorry I posted this really late... ;-; like it's not even Easter anymore and everyone is now talking about "the NY Earthquake that was 4.8 magnitude or whateva" and "4/8/24 Solar Eclipse" and stuff but I didn't have time earlier in the week to write and I had time today cuz today sucked and I threw up and then my phone screen got a crack in it and it was a bad day, but I had time to write, so I wrote.

So...
Hope you enjoyed this sweet and short chapter

Bu-bye 👋😊