SCENE TWO

𝐈𝐧 𝐀𝐰𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐘𝐨𝐮

Obasi sat with his head hung low from his bunk awaiting to hear the news of him being released from the cell

Obasi sat with his head hung low from his bunk awaiting to hear the news of him being released from the cell. He had spent six wrongful years in prison, no fair trial, a lawyer who was only there for the money. It was safe to say that Obasi was failed by the system and his family and friends had no choice but to pray for him.

They all protested and attempted to sue the police county district, but it was no use. They cut off all communication between him and the outside meaning he lost his family, his friends and the love of his life, that's what he thought though.

To be truthful, Obasi wanted to stay locked up. He felt as though there was more for him in the cell than there was outside. He only had a dead iPhone 6 and the all black Nike tech he wore when he was in custody. His thoughts were interrupted when the guard opened up his cell door and ordered him to follow behind.

Obasi scanned the prison house and nodded at those who acknowledged him. He praised God everyday that the men who were incarcerated didn't give him a hard time. He was only 18 who was wrongfully convicted and they all knew that so instead they did their best to get out of trouble. Out of his six year sentence, he only managed to get into two fights and the people he fought were then killed off by the other convicts. Obasi was off-limits and he appreciated every single one of them.

A smile hit his face when they all began to clap and cheer that he was finally free. They all knew he deserved it and out of everybody there, he deserved a second chance and true happiness. Obasi mentally noted that when he rose up financially, that he would come back for his people. They were his family for six years and he could never repay them back for all they had done for him.

Fast forward, Obasi had put on his Nike tech and was given back his dead iphone6 and was buzzed out of the gates. To his surprise he saw his family there with banners and signs waiting for him to walk past the gates. His mother screamed and ran towards him and charged her body into his engulfing him into a very tight hug.

"Oh my baby!" She sobbed as she felt his head rest on top of hers and multiple bodies covering theirs. Obasi sniffed and kissed his mother's forehead. He heard his jail mates screaming from their windows and the courtyard making him hoop and holla back throwing up his set.

Obasi's eyes scanned everybody's face but his smile dropped once he noticed that someone in particular wasn't in his view. "Baby, she went awol once you were locked up. She comes every now and again but only when she feels like it." Obasi's mother spoke knowing the mass of questions swirling in her son's mind.

Obasi shook his head and took a deep breath. "I will find her ma, I just want to go home." Basi swiped at his nose and started walking towards the van his family had arrived in.

Athalia jumped when her 5 almost 6 year old ran into the room tackling his mother into a hug

"Hi mommy!" Samir smiled making Athalia smile. She realised that she was pregnant three months after Obasi was locked up and had Samir six months later on his due date. The pregnancy was almost perfect but she was missing somebody dearly, Obasi.

Athalia named her son after one of the teddy bears that her and Obasi had named together when they were younger. Samir knew who his father was and Athalia made sure he knew that his father was a great man. Unfortunately for her, Athalia believed that Obasi knew she had his son and refused to accept Samir as his blood. Little did she know that the dirty cops who had it out for Obasi stopped her letters from reaching him and they were all sent back. Every month she took a picture of her stomach and still recorded every moment of her pregnancy.

Samir even watched the videos his mother and father made back in the day and knew all he could know about Obasi through those videos. Although Athalia was hurt from no response back from Obasi, she refused to paint a picture of Obasi to her son that clearly wasn't true. She made sure that Samir knew that he was a good man, a provider, a man of God and a man of his word.

"Hi baby!" Athalia peppered kisses around Samir's face making him giggle. Samir had taken his mother's complexion but his father facial features. He naturally looked mean but was a complete sweetheart, he sported an Afro taper with a streak of ginger as his birthmark. Something Athalia's grandma possessed. Her grandmother was a natural ginger with streaks of silver making her look way younger than anticipated. Samir was growing quite fast for his age, his father stood at 6'2 and his mother stood at 5'6.

"Mommy can we go to nana's house?" Samir asked playing with the necklace around Athalia's neck that Obasi gifted her. She has never taken it off and cherished it until the wheels fall off. Athalia made sure to also keep Samir surrounded around his paternal side of the family, she can admit that she does go ghost quite often but FaceTime calls and sleepovers were always given to Samir.

"Does Nana know that we will be there?" Athalia asked playing in Samir's curls. "Yes she does, I called her earlier." Samir layed his head on her chest. "Go put on your shoes then Obasi." Athalia called him his middle name and stood up to put on her shoes.

Athalia wore a cream body suit with ligh washed denim jeans along with her cream coloured cardigan and Christian Dior slides. After having Samir, Athalia grew thick in the right places all whilst still being slim, her ass sat heavy and her boobs were still perky but more full. Her thighs filled her jeans and her hips spread even more.

Once the pair were ready, they got situated in the car not forgetting to play Love Yourz by J Cole.

Fast Forward, Athalia parked her blacked out hellcat with pink outlines all around it in the designated driveway and exited the car. Samir exited as well and knocked on the door excitedly hearing loads of chatter in the home meaning that his cousins were also inside.

Obasi's mother opened the door and brought Samir into a hug and then Athalia who smiled widely not knowing how much she missed Mama Kingston. "Gone head and walk in, there's a surprise for you both." Mama Kingston smiled cheekily and Athalia took ahold of Samir's hand walking in.

It was as if time slowed down and Obasi stood nervously in the living room with the family members watching im what would happen in anticipation. "Daddy!" Samir screamed running into Obasi's arms making him pull a confused face and stood waiting for Athalia to do something. They both stood in silence with their hearts beating at the same rate, but it was just silent.

TO BE CONTINUED...