2. Shooting Range (Chapter 1)

As they reached the shooting range Chris walked forward as he turned to them with a smile.

"Ta-da. Pretty rad right." Chris said as he looked at the two.

"Yeaaaah..." Sam said as she looked at the range.

"Gotta say, I wasn't expecting something like this on the mountain." Daniel said as he looked at the range.

"Come one Sam, Daniel. Look at these beauties." Chris said as he gestured to the range.

"Beauties is not the word that comes to mind. Why is this even here?" Sam said as she looked at him.

"What do you mean?" Chris asked at her question.

"Why the hell is a shooting range doing at the base of a ski lodge?" Sam said as she looked at the two boys.

"Well, I guess she has a point about that." Daniel said as he looked at Chris.

"Uh. Dude. Have you two ever met Josh's dad?" Chris asked as he looked at the two as he got gun on his hand.

"Yeah?" Sam said a bit of a questioning tone.

"Nope." Daniel said with a shake of his head.

Chris looked at the two of them as he heard them before he shook his head and looked at them.

"He thinks he's like, Grizzly Adams, or something like that. Wanna try?" Chris said to the two of them.

"Uh, no. You go ahead Grizzly." Sam said as she looked at him.

"Let me try after you're done." Daniel said as Chris nodded at him before turning around.

Sam looked at Daniel in surprise at his words as he looked at her and raised his eyebrows.

"What? Not everyday you get the chance to fire a gun." Daniel said to her with a shrug.

"Whatever you say." Sam said with a shake of her head.

"Alright, here goes." Chris said as he got ready with the gun.

Sam and Daniel watched as Chris took aim before he shot a sandbag, then two cans and another sandbag. Sam and Daniel were impressed by it as they looked at Chris.

"Wow, nice shooting Tex." Sam said with an accent.

Daniel and Chris looked at her with an amused look when they heard her as she walked forward and stood beside him on the range. Daniel followed as he placed his hands on the counter and looked at her.

"Alright, I'm bad. I'm a badass." Chris said doing a slightly exaggerated movements with a smile which got a chuckle out of Sam and Daniel.

"I'm gonna go ahead and guess it was a wild case of beginner's luck." Sam said as she looked at her bespectacled friend.

"That seems very likely." Daniel said with a chuckle.

"Nah, I don't think so, girl, dude." Chris said as he got ready with the gun again.

"Well, anybody with a brother could shoot a bottle that big that close." Sam said with a smile on her face as she looked at Chris.

Chris just smiled and aimed again as Daniel watched patiently for his turn. Just then a squirrel came out of the woods and got on a barrel as the three saw it.

Chris's eyes widened at the new target before he aimed his gun at it. Daniel's eyes widened when he saw where he was aiming that gun while Sam was focused on the squirrel.

"Wai-" Daniel tried to stop him as he raised his hand.

But it was for naught as Chris pulled the trigger and shot the gun. The bullet went and hit the head of the squirrel, mutilating it as its lifeless body fell on the barrel.