4. ghosted?

the next morning Isla woke up with her phone in her hands, she must've fallen asleep while texting. "Isla Grace Holland why are you not up yet?" ms Holland barges in while opening the curtains. The sudden daylight blinds Isla for a second. "Uh what mom?" she asks while rubbing in her eyes.

"I told you Thomas would come here for the day"
"Thomas? OH TOM, as in my brother Tom?" Isla asks sleepy. "Well obviously your brother Tom" her mother answers rolling her eyes. "So what you're going to do young lady is you're going get ready and be downstairs in 20 minutes cause were leaving for brunch." she continues. "But mom its 10 in the mornin- "Downstairs in 20" her mom shouts while going down the stairs.

Isla gets ready quickly but not too quickly, quality over quantity because she knew there'd be a lot of paparazzi even more than normal because of her brother. She sighs while doing her hair and taking one last glance in the mirror, she looked okay

On the way there to the brunch she texts Malachi "Goodmorning r u feeling any better? 🙃" "Who are you texting?" Paddy asks while trying to look at Isla's phone. "Its none of your business Paddington" she says. Paddy rolls his eyes and backs off

When she gets out of the car her second oldest brother Sam holds her back and whispers in her ear "Paparazzi's there" while placing something in her hand. They both laugh at each other in agreement and pull out their waterguns. They shoot at every person trying to take pictures of them, carefully avoiding the camera's because that would cost them money. Their mother grabs them and gracefully drags them inside of the restaurant. ''What on earth do you guys think you're doing?'' she yells. ''They looked pretty hot, we we're just cooling them down'' Sam shrugs. ''How is this even legal they're literally invading people's privacy as a living'' Isla defends

Then Tom came runnng over to them, clearly noticing the bad mood. ''Hey mom why don't we go to the table already so we won't have a bad seat?'' he asks her washing the angry expression off their mother's face. While Tom and their mother walk away Tom turns back at them, grins and mouths ''Thank me later losers" Sam and Isla roll their eyes. They follow them to the table and sit down, Isla next to Tom on the right and Sam next to Zendaya who's on his left.

''Thanks for the distraction'' Tom says while dabbing up Sam. ''uh what about me?'' Isla coughs. ''Don't even pretend you knew we were a distraction for Tom and Zen to go around the back you just did it because you liked it'' Sam laughs. ''Correction, i did it to piss of the photographers'' Isla says. They all eat the food they ordered and do a bit of catching up considering they haven't seen Tom in a few months. ''So I heard from your mother you've been casted in the new Zombies movie'' Zendaya says with a smile. ''Oh uh yes'' Isla says while stuffing the last piece of bread into her mouth. Zendaya had been dating her brother for about 4 years now but it was still surreal to her that Zendaya knew her personally.

''Have you met your cast yet?'' Zendaya asks her. The thing Isla loved about talking with her was that she was a woman especially cause she grew up with 5 brothers but also because Zendaya truly listened to what she was saying and cared. ''Oh not yet but one of my friends is starring in it too'' Isla answers. ''That must be amazing'' she says with a bright smile. ''How long are you two staying in LA? Isla asks, partly because she wanted to know how long she would have to deal with paparazzi everywhere but also because she actually kinda missed her brother. ''We're only staying two weeks because of Romeo and Juliet and everything'' she replies. ''Oh right I almost forgot, i'll make sure to return to London to see it'' Isla says. ''I think he'd secretly love that Isla'' she smiles

When everyone gets ready to leave Isla says ''Wait for me guys i need to go to the restroom.'' ''Isla we really need to leave'' her mother announces. ''Its okay she can drive with us'' Tom says. Isla smiles at him and goes to the restroom. When she's done she looks in the mirror fixes her hair and checks her phone, Freya had texted her about how funny she found the watergun paparazzi pictures cause apparently they were going viral. Isla laughs and reposts one of the picture's on her insta story tagging her brother. But she couldn't help but notice that Malachi still hadn't responded to her text.

''Sorry it took so long'' she says while rushing out of the restroom. ''Don't worry about it darling'' Zendaya smiles. When they go outside Tom stops her, for a second she thought he was going to whip out a watergun too but he said ''Cover your eyes'' She sighs and shields her eyes. When Isla was young she had gone to one of Tom's premieres and the flashes had triggered a seizure. She had been diagnosed with photosensitive epilepsy that day, but she hadn't had a seizure ever again but Tom felt so guilty for when it had happened ever since.

They walk over to the car, Zendaya sitting down in the passengers seat and both Hollands in the back seat. ''Sir could I maybe change the music?'' Isla asks the driver, he nods. Isla connects her phone with the speaker in the car and starts playing Umbrella by Rihanna. She laughs really hards and does small parts of the choreography when she's not dying of laughter which Zendaya joins in. ''Hold up my turn'' Zendaya says while turning on 24k Magic by Bruno Mars, her song on the lip sync battle. As Zendaya sings along the lyrics Tom and Isla hype her up ''AYE'' ''GO DAYA'' ''WHAT? WHAT?'' ''AYE AYE'' they shout.

They all sing along to many songs and have a great time. ''Okay don't even try to hide it Isla who are you checking your phone for?'' Tom asks. ''No one.'' Isla says. Zendaya gives her a look, a I know you lying look. ''Okay fine, it's just this boy I've been talking to'' Isla admits. "What? A boy?'' Tom asks confused. ''Thomas dear, what did you think she's no longer your baby sister shes almost 16.'' she says while sharing a look with Isla. ''Also didn't i cover for you two for like 4 months because you weren't ready to tell mom yet?'' Isla says to Tom raising her eyebrows. ''Okay I got the memo guys, i'll be quiet.''

''Its fine it's not like I'm dating him, you know him anyway it's Malachi'' Isla admits. ''Good kid?'' Zendaya asks Tom, he nods. They both give this look of approvement. ''Could we stop so I can call him? He hasn't responded to any of my texts and I'm getting worried.'' ''But-'' TOm begins before being interupted by Zendaya ''ofcourse you can darling'' Isla smiles at her and steps out of the car when it stops. She searches for his contact oh found it , ringing Malachi

''hello?''

''hello this is Malachi's mother how can i help you?''

''Oh is his phone taken cause he came home too late? I promise that's not his fault miss Barton that was all mine''

''Oh no Isla baby, were at the hospital right now i had to take Malachi to the hospital''

''wait what can i speak to him?''

''Im sorry sweetheart you can't but you can come if you'd want to see him''

''i'm on my way''

Isla rushes into the car. Tom can tell something is wrong. ''Whats wrong Isla'' he asks her. No answer. He grabs her hands and looks her in the eyes ''Isla we can't help you if you don't tell us what's wrong'' he tells her. She nods ''We need to go to the hospital'' she says so quiet it's almost a whisper. ''Okay, are you not feeling well? Tom asks, his voice was calm and patient. Isla her bottom lip trembles as she says

''No it's Malachi, he's in the hospital''