6. interrupted

Isla was getting ready at her desk. Today she was going to hang out with Mekonnen and Freya at the fair and she couldn't wait to meet Freya and Mekonnen in real life. She grabs her lipgloss when she gets a message that Freya has created a group chat will all four of them in it and was calling all of them right now. Isla picks up the phone and places it against the mirror on her vanity.

"Hey" she says while putting on some blush. "Hey pretty girl" Malachi says, which makes Isla blush a little but it goes unnoticed because of the blush she's applying. "Where's Freya wasn't she the one who called us" Isla asks. "Yea she's currently getting some food from the kitchen she'll be right back" he winks. "So you two were calling already before this?" Isla asks trying to not sound jealous.

Just before he could answer Freya came back into frame "Ohmygosh hey Isla" she cheered. "Hey" Isla said while she turned of her camera and texted Mekonnen.

————

————

IslaHEYY MK

Isla
HEYY MK

Mekonnen
HEYY IG

Isla
huh ig?

Mekonnen
Isla Grace did you just forget your own initials?

Isla
LMFAO NO STOPP

Mekonnen
*sends tiktok*
We should do this dance at the fair

Isla
100% u got it
R u joining our ft call soon or not?

Mekonnen
Yea I'll join in like 5, i need to find my AirPods otherwise my mom will scream at me for having my volume up too high

Isla
Children with strict parents unite🫡

Mekonnen
🫡
Seen 01:02

————

————
"Mekonnen will join us in a second" Isla announces while turning her camera back on and moving on to contouring her nose. "Mekonnen?" Malachi asks, this time he was the one who sounds a tad bit jealous. "Mhm" she nods knowing exactly what she's doing. "He's also in this groupchat dummy" Freya says while laughing, but neither Malachi or Isla found it funny.

"What did I hear Malachi, that you're hating on British people?" Freya asks  like a host of a talkshow would. Isla rolls her eyes, she was going to have to make the best out of this. She wasn't going to let her jealousy ruin her day or friendship between her and Freya. "Yea Kai, you're outnumbered now" Isla says with a grin on her face. "My bad bro" Malachi sighs.