Chapter 2: The Kier Martinez Pep talk

Timeline: A month after Liana left for China

*scritch* *scratch* *scritch*

"Boss?"

Orion looked up from the stack of papers he was signing and turned to his secretary who smiled, "Boss... its past six..."

"Yeah... go ahead. I'll be going soon as I finished these."

Xander looks torn as he looked at his superior and the mountain of paper on his desk, "B-but... I..."

The secretary looked up as he felt a pat on his shoulders, "it's okay... I'll handle it. You go on home."

He bowed politely and nodded after one last look at his boss who was immersed at his work, "thank you Mr. Kier!"

*knock* *knock* *knock*

"Orion dude... you still alive?"

Orion smiled and moved the file over to the signed stack before he answered with a wry grin, "Yeah... so you can't get my game collection yet."

Kier tsked, a smile on his face, "aw man... I thought I could already get them. Seriously though, why are you still here?"

"Last time I checked... my family still owns this company, and I haven't been laid off or is there something you know that I don't?"

Kier closed the door and sat on the chair across his best friend, "quit the sarcasm evil best friend of mine... I'm trying to be serious here. What's up?"

*snort* "What do you mean what's up? You know how much work has piled up in the last few weeks. It's not like I have any time to play around."

"Yeah... anyway... it's nearly valentines then your birthday... have any plans?"

The young director's eye twitched a bit and then sighed as he took another of the waiting papers, "Mother sent you here... didn't she? What were you bribed with?"

Kier grinned as he answered, "Aunt Olga allowed Sienna to have a week off... but aside from that, I wanted to know too. Every year, your little pup made you handmade chocolates and surprise dinner dates so now that she isn't here anymore... what will you do?"

*sigh* "Nothing... and stop calling her a pup, her name is Lia, and she is my fiancée."

"Ex, you mean...didn't you two cancel the engagement?"

Orion froze and he slowly put his pen down then pretended to read one of the documents, "I didn't agree to it... so technically we are still engaged to each other."

*smirk* "So you do like her despite all that talk about being platonic friends and all that crap?"

"I didn't lie... we were platonic friends but right now..."

"Right now?"

Orion placed the document back to the unread pile and closed his eyes as he leaned back, "I'm sure its not platonic... we kissed more than ten times now."

Kier walked over to his best friend's side and gave him a light nudge, "finally! it took you a long time. "

"Wait a minute.... y-you knew?"

Kier smiled a little, "that she loves you? Well, it's hard not to notice when she's being transparent all the time."

Orion's shoulders slumped and he sighed, "Who else knows?"

*shrug* "Everybody... except you."

"...crap"

"As I said its okay...don't worry about it. No one is judging you about it. By the way... about Kim Yoorim..."

The young director sighed, "yes... thank you for your help. I still can't believe she had the guts to try and make a fool out of me. "

Kier chuckled, "ah well... she didn't know who she messed with... "

"Yeah...honestly though... its weird that I feel relieved more than anything. I was even thinking of forgiving her if I was a nice person."

Kier laughed, "and we both know that you aren't."

"Speak for yourself, Kier Spencer Martinez."

"Woah... full name! We are best friends though, so I guess it's expected. Still... who would have guessed that Kim Yoorim was a spy sent by that company your mother shut down two years ago. I mean Aunt Olga just did what she should at the time."

"Yoorim pleaded that she was used or something...I feel oddly relieved though now that she's caught."

Kier stretched, "relieved that she's caught or relieved that you realized Yoorim was not the girl you were in love with."

Orion removed the glasses from his face and massaged his forehead, "shut it Kier... but I really really miss Lia... God... I was so stupid."

"Yes you are" *laugh* "If you miss her that much then go to China. What's stopping you?"

The young director side eyed his best friend before continuing to massage his forehead, "you don't know how many times that crossed my mind in this whole fucking month that she has been in that damned place. But I promised..."

Kier sat on the chair across and started sorting the papers Orion has been working on, "what exactly did you promise her?"

"That I will let her stay.... in... China... for... a year... and... I'll make things right..."

"Uh huh... and did you promise not to visit?"

Orion sat wide eyed, "Hell no... I did not."

"Did you promise not to contact her during this year of being apart?"

"Of course not. I'll die early."

Kier completed sorting the papers into two neat piles, "so again my dearest evil best friend... what's stopping you from going to China and seeing her?"

"ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!"

Kier stood and dusted his pants, "exactly as I was saying earlier. Go book those tickets and talk to your parents. I'll take over while you are there... but just one week, you hear? If you don't come back, I'll hunt both you and your pup in China and drag the two of you."

"GOD YOU'RE A FUCKING GENIUS! I COULD JUST KISS YOU!"

"Woah man... that's gross! I know I'm a genius thank you very much."

Kier sighed and shook his head as his best friend looked like a madman on a mission, rapidly going through the stack of papers, he opened his phone and sat on the couch a few ways away from Orion.

"Aunt? Mission completed... I hope you don't forget your promise. Yeah... he's working like a lunatic at the moment... thank you for the bonus! Sienna would love that."

Kier closed his phone with a satisfied smile and shouted over at his best friend, "evil monster... want me to book the flight for you? Since you are still working on that?"

"NO! I'LL DO IT! GET YOUR FAT ASS HERE AND HELP ME!"

"For your information... my ass is not fat and you can finish that on your own"

 my ass is not fat and you can finish that on your own"