6> escape

Amecias pov:
As we're sneaking past soldiers I help Hugo onto a fence "I think we're safe now" I tell them. Once we are all over we run until we hear shouting and crouch again only to see two people around my age and a guard in front of them. "Are we going to help them?" Hugo asks "say something you asshole" the soldier says "that's my sister you bastard... now let us go." "You'll never see us again I swear!" The other one pleads "haha not a chance, where I come from we execute looters in the spot." We start crouching past until we hear one shout "hey what about them your just gonna let them go!?" As he turns to look at us they knock him down.

We hear soldiers advancing and we all start running the looters to. Hugo trips and wren turns back to get him, I turn to run after then but feel something on the back of my head for a split second before I black out.

I wake up to the sound of the ping and a crow squawking, I get up and look around to see I'm in a cage "your lucky you know you would get a sword through the belly till I spotted ya jewellery. And your lucky I like gold better than blood lady de rune." He says as I clutch my necklace.  "Where is my brother!" "Where is wre-" "shut up, the better you look.. then higher the ransom" he says walking away "manger dog!" I say kicking the cage. After a few minutes I hear the lock click to the cage, I look up to see one of the people with the guard earlier, I go to say something but they just out their finger to there lip, then signalling me to go to the girl. The door opens and I sneak out only to see a ginger girl. Crouched next to the cage.

I go over to her while the ginger boy runs off. "Who are you!" "Melie, the other ones Arthur." She whispers. "This is all your fault, where is my brother! And wren and Luca-" "shhh keep your voice down!" "Those dogs took my sling" "you don't need it!" She whisper shouts. We crouch walk to a hay bale "the guard, Arthur will make him move." "What how?" "A distraction, he's waiting for you to tell him where and what." I look around to spot something "eh the cart!" I say "that'll do the trick and I watch her signal to Arthur up on the walls "get ready" "for what" "to follow me!" She whisper shouts. "So he's your brother?" I ask but a crash happens and melie is on the move. I stay as close to her as possible.

We carry on like this for a while until we spot hugo in a cage guards surrounding. "Amecia, wren where are they!" Hugo shouts "bastards... the bastards !" I whisper "calm down" melie says. Just then a guard comes running, "the girl, the girl!" "What do you mean the girl!?" ""The girls escaped, her cage is open everyone's lookin for her!" "Shit...SPREAD OUT!" And with that they all walk away from hugo and we walk over to him "hugo I'm here." "AMECIA" "right are you hurt" "no...get me out please." "Alright... my sling did they have it when they locked you up?" "Yes they out it in the trunk there." I signal to melie to open it "over to you" she unlocks the chest and I grab my equipment but also see wrens daggers and grab them too.

I use my sling to get the cage down and melie gets the lock, once Hugo's out he runs and hugs my legs , a gasp escapes my lips "Amecia... they said they were going to take me away! And I wouldn't see you again." "Well now you know that's not true" I tell him as my heart aches for him. "Hugo... did you see where they took wren?" "No I thought she would be with you" he shakes his head. *where is she* "we're going to go with melie okay" "but she's the thief!" "She's sorry she turn us in earlier, aren't you melie?!" "Yh... I'm a bag girl...happy now... can we go?" She says. I take Hugo's hand and we begin sneaking around. I find myself looking for wren at every corner. "Guards. If you know how to use that sling... you better go first" melie tells me.

After what felt like forever of waiting for the last guard to move we run to the giant wooden doors only for them to be barged open to see soldiers on horses but Nicholas in the lead. *oh no* "I pay a ransom for the rune children, and I have to capture them myself?" Nicholas speaks "these Plantagenets are useless!" He shouts "he killed my parents... he's going to slaughter us!" I tell melie "MELIE RUN!" we hear and turn to see Arthur throw a barrel and a fire erupts as we sprint away. "What did you do!" Melie asks as I take out some soldiers on the way "nothing we did nothing! They want Hugo" we keep running as we follows melie up a ladder and wait as she tries to unlock the door.

Once we're through melie works on the lock on the chain for the hatch but just then they break down the door and charge as I try to take some of them out. "Amecia come on!" Melie shouts and I jump through the hatch and land on dead soldiers. The archers start shooting so as melie and Hugo run I have no choice but to pull a dead soldier on top of me for protection as a arrow pierces through it I shove it off and run. We don't stop running until we can't hear anything and slow our pace.

"Do you know where we're going?" I ask melie "right now we have to hide! Arthur and I know a place" "and Lucas was with you?" "He's waiting at your château... all in good time." "We're going to see Lucas again?" Hugo asks "I hope so" "I like Lucas he's nice...and wren she's funny, will we see her again" "I.. don't know" I admit "I didn't see your friend when me and Arthur snuck in" Melie adds. "We're on the right track let's keep moving.. we're not safe yet!" Melie says before sprinting off in front. I run behind her, beside Hugo as I can't get one thing off my mind *where on earth did they take wren?*