Chapter 3: The Ambush

Again, Emma attempted to calm her mind and assume that it became a signal of existence and that a person should be dwelling here. 

"But who would live in such sort of place?" her mind

" Monk, maybe", she replied

"But monks wear orange clothes, right?" her mind

It freaked her out. She hated her thoughts very much. Arguing with herself was a sick and unhelpful idea. She proceeded to find out about the monk or whoever. 

 Emma experiences a startling moment when she trips over what appears to be a hand emerging from the ground. This incident causes her to tumble, hitting her chin. Initially frightened by the sight, believing it to be a decaying hand reaching out from beneath the soil, Emma gathers her courage to look closer. Upon closer inspection, she realized it was not a hand but a tree root growing.

 As she steadies herself, it's only after a moment that she feels the sharp sting on her knee. Looking down, she notices some drops of blood, a vivid red against her skin, slowly dripping down her leg from a fresh wound. However, the wound was not big enough to cause her much pain. She only felt a burning sensation.

She started walking again. An identical torn piece of fabric struck the tree. She realized that she had been circling the same place. 

"I thought about getting in thick, wooded areas to get out from here. I don't even know when how I got away from the cemetery. I do not remember when I decided to go far from the cemetery." Emma thought.

The last time she recalled was lying on a flat rock. Though these trees were beautiful, they felt less creepy in the cemetery due to the presence of bats and bugs making sounds. She was sitting on a root, looking at the sky. The full moon had escaped from the dark clouds. Moonlight intensity hid the twinkling stars. This beautiful sky made her forget how it felt in such a horrifying vicinity. She felt a sudden presence.

Emma's heart pounded in her chest as she felt the penetrating gaze of a hungry predator from behind the trees. The yellow eyes, glowing with a predatory hunger, stared at her unblinkingly. The night seemed to grow quieter under the weight of this intense encounter; every sense heightened as she stood frozen, aware of the danger lurking just out of sight.

 She realized it wasn't one but many creatures; whatever it was, they were not just watching her anymore; they were announcing their presence, dominance, and perhaps even their intent. The sound was so close, yet she couldn't see anything through the surrounding trees and bushes.

 The sound was so close, yet she couldn't see anything through the surrounding trees and bushes